Audio Techica ATH-CKS70 "Solid Bass" IEMs First Impression and Pics.
Nov 2, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #46 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been to Disneyland Tokyo and walking around downtown Tokyo using the CKS70 and I have to add a couple of points that could potentially be dealbreakers for some people.

1) Isolation. These aren't the most isolating IEMs I've used. This is not necessarily a bad thing as being able to hear a bit of your surroundings when you're walking around a city, but if you're the type who prefers to totally shut yourself off from the world, the CKS70 won't do it. Again though, I think the amount of sound that does get in isn't a bad idea if you have a tendency not to look both ways when you cross the road.

2) Wind noise. Due to the fact that more of the CKS70 are outside of your ear than most IEMs, you will be able to hear the wind blowing against the CKS70. In all fairness, I do a notice a little of that with the JVC FX500s but due to, I guess, the slightly more aerodynamic shape of the FX500, it's definitely more noticeable on the CKS70. Also, it depends on what angle you're facing in relation to the wind, so if you're standing still you could change the direction you're facing. I do think it might be possible to experiment with some mods to fix this though.

In the end though, I'm still pretty content to the CKS70 while out and about. I mention these factors as I realize that they could be dealbreakers for some.

Zebus, I'm sorry that I only realized these potential issues after you already ordered them.
redface.gif
Hope they turn out to be non-issues for you and that you enjoy them. In spite of those factors, they do sound pretty nice.
wink.gif

hiu, i cant decide between the fx500 and the cks70,,, im m for lowest bass possible, and currently am loving my superfi 5 eb, and have since oordered the atrio m5,, i want to a-b all the st powerful most bass iems
thankyou

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually if either of the purchasers of this IEM happen to have a pair of AD700 I would love a comparison to it. I really am starting to dislike my TB's in comparison to the AD700, the added detail and better midrange of the AD700 is starting to make the TB's sound shrill, plus the missing sound stage is definitely more noticeable. When I didn't know what I missing I didn't know but now I do LOL.

is the ad700 the current flagship at headphone model?
what isbest at headphone,
i really like my audio technica ha25d headmp/dac,, can always use more bass, at first i wasnt happy, but after long burn in it is really quite nice, and the dac sounds very good with toslink thru, and in n out analog rca
i currently prefer it to my rsa predator, admitedly the predator has only 360 hours of burn time, i was told it needed 5-800.
-- but im super curious about the at lineup of phone
thanks

Nov 15, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by techenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the ad700 the current flagship at headphone model?
what isbest at headphone,
i really like my audio technica ha25d headmp/dac,, can always use more bass, at first i wasnt happy, but after long burn in it is really quite nice, and the dac sounds very good with toslink thru, and in n out analog rca
i currently prefer it to my rsa predator, admitedly the predator has only 360 hours of burn time, i was told it needed 5-800.
-- but im super curious about the at lineup of phone
thanks

The AD700 is not ATH's flagship headphone for open HP's but it is probably their best bang for buck HP. I ended up buying an AD900 which is better than the AD700 but is also alot more money.

Nov 15, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #49 of 52
Well head-fi has struck again
smily_headphones1.gif
I just ordered a pair of these from accesoryjack, I love my AD900 but really found the outside world to intrusive at times. I will post a comparison between these and my big HP's as well as my other IEM's when I get them.

Nov 16, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #50 of 52
The flagship for the Air Dynamic series is the ATH-AD2000. About $500 here in Japan (Official price in the Audiotechnica site is about $800).
I found the cheap AD300 and AD500 very comfortable and decent sound for their price ($50~70).

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought them in Akibahara and as you can see, I paid JPY6980 for them which works out to about USD$72.

then, the price in warehouse123 seems reasonable. They're selling it for US$72 but you will need to pay for shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back