AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard for Computer Audio
Jun 29, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #856 of 3,694
Pretty much my thoughts, except I knew that it was basically the size of my Master 11.

@rb2013
has 1024 ASIO buffer, 1ms ASIO latency, 4ms Dante Latency, 150us Rednet latency (set in dante controller). He said the Rednet latency affected the sound in his experience.

Check out the ASIO Bridge (Hifi Audio Cable) here if you want to play games etc. without switching DVS from ASIO to WDM. http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/

Ah right. Yeah, I'm using 150 microsecond Rednet latency also.

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #857 of 3,694
So tonight I tried the optical option again and started getting ticks in the sound.

I switched back and still had the same issue.

Even adjusting latency and rebooting my server didn't help.

Strangely, after I don't know what, the issue went away.

Anyone else have this type of issue?

Joel

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #858 of 3,694
  I feel sorry for those folks who are trying all they can to dismiss the improvement in SQ that a lot of people here are hearing who already tried Dante RedNet AOIP compared to USB.

I for one was glad that I took the risk in trying the RedNet AOIP without even knowing what I was getting myself into and now am very happy with the results.

A big plus is also knowing that I will never ever have to buy any of the latest and greatest USB decrapifier device out there.

We will probably hear a lot more bashing and trashing of this new found (to audiophiles) technology but all I'll say is the fuse have already been lit on AOIP and from here on it will only spread like wildfire!

I'll say it again.
USB AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' ON AOIP!!!

I don't believe it has to do with AOIP specifically, but the quality of the design of the devices you have all bought, which will have been designed to extremely high standards, given they are intended for pro-audio users.

Something you will need to avoid is the "us versus them" mentality. If this thread is going to turn into what is effectively an "appreciation" thread (which we don't allow any longer) where balanced discussion is put down and people are attacked, it's going to end up closed, which would be unfortunate. 

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #859 of 3,694
I don't believe it has to do with AOIP specifically, but the quality of the design of the devices you have all bought, which will have been designed to extremely high standards, given they are intended for pro-audio users.

Something you will need to avoid is the "us versus them" mentality. If this thread is going to turn into what is effectively an "appreciation" thread (which we don't allow any longer) where balanced discussion is put down and people are attacked, it's going to end up closed, which would be unfortunate. 
Well I have 10yr+ experience with Pro Audio gear, going back pre async USB, to FF to get 192k tp. Nothing sounded even close to this.

I call the Third Gen of computer audio. Unlike anything USB or Upnp/DNLP...a Sea Change not just in computer audio...but Audio itself.

Mark my words...you heard it here first.

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #860 of 3,694
Truth does not hide in a cave, cower in the face of a challenge. No, truth is a lion roaring to be heard!

We have left a mark, at the cutting edge of audio. And like a large rock dropped into a big pond, have been privy to the first wave rippling out.

The shore bites back, but to no avail, ultimately the truth wins...what side are you on?

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #861 of 3,694
If closed we will move elsewhere, to Headfi's demise. Go ahead and shut us down if you choose...but the Truth will pevail.

Time for us to leave the sponsor confines of Headfi, I see they do not value the immense traffic we generate.

This my LAST post here...I will not be censored by paid sponor pressure...this is too important.

So Goodbye Headfi..will reemerge elsewhere.

The Truth must prevail!!!

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #865 of 3,694
wait guys i think this statement is very right "us versus them" mentality

as long as we dont attack other brand or other people that's fine nothing wrong so just dont attack other brand/people
keep going!

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #866 of 3,694
Going back to my Wifi issue: disabling the multi-cast transmit from the RN3 did solve the issue. The bisterd was flooding my Wifi with digital silence from the unplugged SPDIF input 
rolleyes.gif

Now, the Asus RT-AC56U seemed to have lost the ability to disable Multicast forwarding to Wifi with firmware updates (it's in the manual, but not in the GUI), which could be annoying.

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #867 of 3,694

My suggestion is try to get a hold of either a RedNet 3 or D16 if you can and perform your own experimentation and comparison between it and your current usb transport.

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #868 of 3,694
Yeah I'll be experimenting with an 'Audio' grade fuse.

It's located on the power supply board inside the case.

It's a 2amp slow blow rated fuse.

I will also be adapting an Audio Sensibility AES 110Ω cable to the AES DB-25 breakout connector, along with some Mogami and Canare 110Ω wire to compare against.
It may not be a fair comparison, for several reasons…

JJ

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #869 of 3,694

Well this has become just sad.

First I agree that we should not bash others or specific brands... or exercise the passive form which is aggressive defensiveness. I also appreciate some degree of moderator intervention. I have probably reported more low tone posts this year than in the past 14 years I have been on HF and CA but I also believe in free speech. When this thread was shut down previously I started a new thread which I hoped would be less contentious. When this thread was "cleansed" and reopened my thread was closed without asking me first. I would have agreed however I felt slighted in the process.

I am concerned that new ideas may be lost in the struggle here. That would be extremely sad as AOIP is probably the biggest thing I have encountered since I began my audio exploration 35 years ago.

On a side note. I would not dismiss the benefits of AOIP so easily to Pro Audio "high standards". You can spend a lot more money on audiophile USB band-aides or USB based streaming devices and not come close to this kind of improvement and most of these devices are built to a high standard, examples being Uptone, Mutec, and Berkeley Labs. I sincerely hope you will give it a try to find out why there seems to be enthusiasm in this thread.

Let's all keep an open mind even as we express our opinions and offer differing or contrary personal experiences.

Best,

Paul

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #870 of 3,694

It is unfortunate to see a biased moderator.
I hope this will not lead to 'giving one side more leeway' than the other. Something I fear I already notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back