Audio GD Reference 5 coming soon
Apr 10, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #16 of 482
Yeah, jumped right on it. I wanted to make sure it can be mailed on the 20th. Forgot to order the ACSS cable but thanks to Currawong I will order that too today. Now the wait begins, LOL.

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #18 of 482
Of course Kingwa recommended it but I also have a lower priced CD player (Denon DN-C615 and do not want to get rid of it but thought the DSP would be appropriate. Other than that I have no reason except Kingwa recommended it. This is from his site:

Theoretically when using the DSP1, data will be running parallel, achieving near zero jitter state, no matter the level of CD transport attached, be it hypermarket grade or hi-end level, you will still be getting the best and similar sound quality! Practically, through some experiment, although we could perceive the sound quality difference between differently priced and level of CD transports (as an audiophile, you just can’t just follow pure theory, but you must also venture the practical side too), but final result shows that using entry level CD transport or hypermarket grade DVD player, the improvement of sound quality is huge compared to typical digital processor chip like PMD-100, DF1704 etc.

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #20 of 482
Kingwa never stop !
ph34r.gif

The RE5 with the ROC should be a great combo if space is too limited for bigger gear. The people who have just bought a DAC19 are maybe regretting now ?
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #22 of 482
Congratulations Massi! I bet we are going to be very pleased for sure.

Apr 10, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #23 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The people who have just bought a DAC19 are maybe regretting now ?
biggrin.gif

I want this because it is smaller than ref 1 and has coax/optical/usb input, but I'm not sure I should get it since I have a phoenix.

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #24 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The RE5 with the ROC should be a great combo if space is too limited for bigger gear. The people who have just bought a DAC19 are maybe regretting now ?
biggrin.gif

Well.. if those people aren't running a balanced setup, then take it from Kingwa: "If you only want to use the RCA output and no plan going to balance systems in future, you are better consider the DAC-19 not the Reference 5 can save some money."

Did he just advise potential buyers not to spend unnecessary money?
tongue_smile.gif

Btw, i sold my DAC19 in anticipation of the Ref 5, and i'm all ready to pull the trigger any moment. I'm just considering between this or going for broke with the Ref 1.

Apr 10, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #26 of 482
Hey Noinimod I went through the same dilemma and decided I would try the Ref 5 with the ROC and then if I become unsatisfied (doubt it) I can sell it with not too much loss and then go with the Reference 1. I kinda like the idea of the inputs and the fact it matches the ROC exactly. Think I will be super happy with it though but if not there are options. If I am I saved about 600.00 that will buy a pant load of CD's.

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #29 of 482
I'am getting my C-2 delivered soon,would be buying the Audio GD DAC-19 DSP after that, should I consider Ref 5 instead, I would be using them with 325is and k701, I don't have any balanced headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back