Audio-GD NFB-5 vs Fun
Jul 23, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 17
I'm mad... I've ordered a FUN 5 days ago and if this is better I'll kill myself.
mad.gif
tongue.gif

Please, someone to tell us it's not!

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 17
I believe the main difference is that the Fun can be used as a pre-amp for speakers but the NFB-5 cannot and the NFB-5 has a little better sound quality and has a flavor switch for musical preference.

I think I am gonna get the Fun because I plan on using speakers in the future, but I'm gonna wait a while until somebody reviews the NFB-5.

Jul 23, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 17
Have you tried asking Kingwa?

Jul 23, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #8 of 17
Jul 23, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:
I believe the main difference is that the Fun can be used as a pre-amp for speakers but the NFB-5 cannot and the NFB-5 has a little better sound quality and has a flavor switch for musical preference.

I think I am gonna get the Fun because I plan on using speakers in the future, but I'm gonna wait a while until somebody reviews the NFB-5.

Actually, it can. You can switch the DAC out to variable line out. It just can't act as a standalone pre-amp.

Aug 6, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #13 of 17
Technically, the NFB-5 should be better as it has two DACs in dual differential mode, a better power supply and you can bypass the OPA entirely.

Aug 10, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
But as to how it actually sounds...? :p

some guy posted his initial impressions over at stereo.net.au

here is the link to the thread

I also purchased one and its waiting collection from the PO. Im in bangkok and cant wait to be back in Oz! Ill post impressions later next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back