Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Nov 5, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,951 of 3,093
Hello audio gd lovers. maybe some one can help me ,I got the nfb 11 on second hand and using it for about 4 month, having some problems from time to time ,exactly my laptop  ,crashing  via usb audio . Now  after last crash I tried to reinstall the driver USB 32 driver V 1.22 but I get the following message: installed components :None  Fail to install components Audio gd USB device Ver1.0 . other versions tried getting the same message . I tried and the driver USB32 driverversion2 and get the message that there are some files missing from arhive and can not install it . It workt before so why not anymore? maybe updates from windows? I tried on other laptop too , same. The dac looks like it working well . maybe some one got in the same situation like me , and manage to fix it. please help .many thanks

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #1,952 of 3,093
  Hello audio gd lovers. maybe some one can help me ,I got the nfb 11 on second hand and using it for about 4 month, having some problems from time to time ,exactly my laptop  ,crashing  via usb audio . Now  after last crash I tried to reinstall the driver USB 32 driver V 1.22 but I get the following message: installed components :None  Fail to install components Audio gd USB device Ver1.0 . other versions tried getting the same message . I tried and the driver USB32 driverversion2 and get the message that there are some files missing from arhive and can not install it . It workt before so why not anymore? maybe updates from windows? I tried on other laptop too , same. The dac looks like it working well . maybe some one got in the same situation like me , and manage to fix it. please help .many thanks

Try to mail direct to Audio GD, they may help.
Just ordered a NFB 11, hope it will make my Fidelio X2 sound better. (currently using an Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 sound card with AKM4396 chip).
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #1,953 of 3,093
Just ordered a NFB 11, hope it will make my Fidelio X2 sound better. (currently using an Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 sound card with AKM4396 chip).
bigsmile_face.gif

Took several tries to get the usb driver to install when I got mine in March. Because of the delay issue on youtube, I just switch to optical, less headache that way.

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #1,954 of 3,093
Just ordered a NFB 11, hope it will make my Fidelio X2 sound better. (currently using an Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 sound card with AKM4396 chip).:bigsmile_face:  

Took several tries to get the usb driver to install when I got mine in March. Because of the delay issue on youtube, I just switch to optical, less headache that way.

Just so voldemortnbk knows, you don't have to install the additional USB drivers unless you must have ASIO. Just plug and play.

Dec 11, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #1,955 of 3,093
Guys i heard people said the usb input has good detail but lacks musical while the optical input is opposite: musical sound but lacks detail. The coaxial input has both musical and detail. Is that true? (and sorry for my bad English)
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #1,956 of 3,093
Guys i heard people said the usb input has good detail but lacks musical while the optical input is opposite: musical sound but lacks detail. The coaxial input has both musical and detail. Is that true? (and sorry for my bad English) :confused_face(1):

No. Should be indistinguishable from each other.

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #1,957 of 3,093
Is it a bad idea if connect NFB11 with a warm signature amp to get a more musical sound from this Saber DAC??? Need help here because my fiancee like a transparent and neutral while I prefer a warmer sound. Any suggestions for this?

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #1,958 of 3,093
  Is it a bad idea if connect NFB11 with a warm signature amp to get a more musical sound from this Saber DAC??? Need help here because my fiancee like a transparent and neutral while I prefer a warmer sound. Any suggestions for this?

I think it's ok. But i also heard (lol) a guy said this and i like his point: to him, the sound from DAC/Amp should be neutral and let the headphone shines in the way it should be. So if you prefer warm sound, why don't you just get a headphone with warm sound signature?
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #1,962 of 3,093
I like to have neutral capable headphones which I then warm up with warm gear :wink:

Dec 20, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,963 of 3,093
Long time user of NFB-11 here, serving me well with HD650, DT880, Dunu DN-1000. However, I think it's time for an upgrade. I was thinking about Beyerdynamics T1 because my preferred sound sig is neutral-bright/vshaped like the DT880 but I want a tad bit more bass and better imaging, soundstage. I'm thinking T1 will do the job here. Can anyone who has a T1 tell me some brief impressions on the combo? Thanks. BTW, high sparkly treble does not bother me, I actually like it.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,964 of 3,093
Just received my NFB-11. Its drive my X2 very good, more detail, senses of space is sharper. better bass controled, etc,... But it goes hot after a listening time. Is it safe for a long session run?
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back