Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Sep 4, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #1,936 of 3,093
I have a few questions, guys.

First of all, with a somewhat higher output-impedance (2 Ohms) than is commonly seen in such combined amp/DAC's, should these do fine driving something sensitive, like a pair of Sony MDR-1A or Trinity Delta IEM's, without creating any background-hiss or any other noise artifacts?

Secondly, what exactly are the differences between the 11.32 and the plain old 11 (I know I could probably read back through this thread and search for that info, but really don't feel like taking the time to do so, haha sorry).

And of course, the big question, WHERE CAN I BUY THIS?  Should I in-fact just order directly from Audio-GD?  What if I have the issue that I don't ahve, and can't get, a PayPal account?

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,937 of 3,093
Secondly, what exactly are the differences between the 11.32 and the plain old 11 (I know I could probably read back through this thread and search for that info, but really don't feel like taking the time to do so, haha sorry).

This is the newest version. Improved drivers is the primary different, from what I understand:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB112014/NFB112014EN.htm

And of course, the big question, WHERE CAN I BUY THIS?  Should I in-fact just order directly from Audio-GD?  What if I have the issue that I don't ahve, and can't get, a PayPal account?

Maybe a friend with PayPal account can help you? Sounds like a personal problem :)

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #1,938 of 3,093
This is the newest version. Improved drivers is the primary different, from what I understand:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB112014/NFB112014EN.htm
Maybe a friend with PayPal account can help you? Sounds like a personal problem
smily_headphones1.gif

Well I mean, why the heck do they ONLY make their stuff available to buy via PayPal?  That's stupid >_<

Btw what exactly is the TCXO upgrade (the horrible but hiliarious Engrish on Audio-GD's website does not explain it at all, LOL) and is it worth getting?

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #1,939 of 3,093
Well I mean, why the heck do they ONLY make their stuff available to buy via PayPal?  That's stupid >_<

No it's not "stupid." PayPal is a good way for international vendors to provide a payment system that works for a lot of people. And PayPal provides some buyer protection, which a lot of people like. What is it you want to do? Send them a check? (lol)

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,940 of 3,093
No it's not "stupid." PayPal is a good way for international vendors to provide a payment system that works for a lot of people. And PayPal provides some buyer protection, which a lot of people like. What is it you want to do? Send them a check? (lol)

The ability to pay normally via credit or debit-card, is what I wish was available here.

Sep 4, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,941 of 3,093
The ability to pay normally via credit or debit-card, is what I wish was available here.

If you have a PayPal account, you can. My understanding is that anyone with a banking account and a credit card can get a PayPal account.

If you just don't like PayPal, that seems like a personal problem :p

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #1,942 of 3,093
Should this work just as well with low-impedance, high-sensitivity headphones and IEM's as with high-impedance, low-sensitivitiy ones?  Like, if I were to use it with my Trinity Delta IEM's which have 16 ohm impedance and 110db sensitivity, would I get any noticable background hiss at all?  And in order to play at reasonable volumes on such IEM's, would I have to set the volume-pot so low as to cause a channel imbalance, or what?

Also, in what way can one change the PCM filter being used with this?

Edit:  Also, what exactly is "Upgrade TCXO For USB Chip and ES9018?"  The site then proceeds to say "There are two TCXO can for upgrade,  Cost is USD20 / per without shipping delay .This upgrade only can slightly improve on the sound transparency."  What the heck are they trying to talk about there in that broken, poorly translated excuse for English?  Is it something worthwhile?

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #1,943 of 3,093
  Should this work just as well with low-impedance, high-sensitivity headphones and IEM's as with high-impedance, low-sensitivitiy ones?  Like, if I were to use it with my Trinity Delta IEM's which have 16 ohm impedance and 110db sensitivity, would I get any noticable background hiss at all?  And in order to play at reasonable volumes on such IEM's, would I have to set the volume-pot so low as to cause a channel imbalance, or what?

Also, in what way can one change the PCM filter being used with this?

Edit:  Also, what exactly is "Upgrade TCXO For USB Chip and ES9018?"  The site then proceeds to say "There are two TCXO can for upgrade,  Cost is USD20 / per without shipping delay .This upgrade only can slightly improve on the sound transparency."  What the heck are they trying to talk about there in that broken, poorly translated excuse for English?  Is it something worthwhile?

I like to think the spend extra $40 is not a big deal for something you will get years of use out of.
But as I just bought the NFB-15, it was only $20 for the one TCXO upgrade.

Oct 2, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #1,944 of 3,093

I like to think the spend extra $40 is not a big deal for something you will get years of use out of.
But as I just bought the NFB-15, it was only $20 for the one TCXO upgrade.

But that doesn't answer my question.  What ARE the two TCXO upgrades?  What's the point of them?

And, what about my questions about sensitive headphones and IEM's?

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #1,945 of 3,093
But that doesn't answer my question.  What ARE the two TCXO upgrades?  What's the point of them?

Did you try using your googlefu?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=TCXO%2Baudio

And, what about my questions about sensitive headphones and IEM's?

Maybe he didn't answer your question because he has not tried an Audio-GD dac/amp with 16 ohm, 110db IEMs. (lol)

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #1,946 of 3,093
Did you try using your googlefu?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=TCXO%2Baudio
Maybe he didn't answer your question because he has not tried an Audio-GD dac/amp with 16 ohm, 110db IEMs. (lol)

Well, who has???????  I'm sure someone has!

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #1,948 of 3,093
So $325 plus optional upgrades. I tried doing a shipping estimate from DHL but I don't know HK conversions.. can anyone here from USA (I'm in NJ so figured someone here is probably nearby) tell me how much you paid for shipping (instead of me having to estimate box sizes or whatever)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back