Audio GD C2C
Mar 19, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #46 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamjames37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, one last thing! The main difference I've noticed going from the MKV to the C-2C (besides increased dynamics and sound stage) is increased fullness. I guess in a way this can be attributed to a greater sound stage but I always felt the MKV had good sound stage but that it was lacking something. The MKV could sound very full and detailed but very flat and compressed at the same time if that makes any sense. As an example, voices just didn't stand out with the authority and fullness I am hearing with the C-2C. I'm thinking the large amount of current the C-2C outputs compared to the MKV is what's causing these differences and the MKV just didn't output enough current to pull it off.

Thanks for this comparison, as I don't have anything here to compare the C-2C with. I also almost bought the MKV because I was looking for a SS amp.
smily_headphones1.gif
I guess the C-2C really has a powerful output
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #47 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for this comparison, as I don't have anything here to compare the C-2C with. I also almost bought the MKV because I was looking for a SS amp.
smily_headphones1.gif
I guess the C-2C really has a powerful output
smily_headphones1.gif

No problem
smily_headphones1.gif
. You definitely made the right choice in going with the C-2C. You'd think by looking at the price differences between the two that the MKV and C-2C shouldn't be too far off in performance but the C-2C really is in a totally different league. I'm sure what made the MKV so popular was the high price/performance ratio but in my opinion the C-2C has set a new standard.

I noticed something interesting about the differences in power output between the two. I was told by Kingwa that the output of the C-2C is 11 volts and if you want to find out the wattage output to different headphones you take the voltage X voltage divided by the impedance. In the case of the HD650's that would be 11x11 divided by 300 = 403mw. If you take a look at the MKV specs the output at 32 ohms is 500mw. For this to work the MKV voltage would have to be 4 volts since 4x4 divided by 32 = 500mw. But if you are using HD650's with a 300 ohm impedance then 4x4 divided by 300 = .05mw! I'm not sure if this formula is appropriate for the MKV since maybe there is something different about its design that makes that formula invalid? Maybe someone with some knowledge of electronics can chime in? The advertised output of the MKV to 300 ohm headphones is 187mw.

I should also mention that the volume issue I had before was due to some improper settings on my Denon-2910 and the MFSL CD I first played when the C-2C arrived which was recorded at very low volume. I find the C-2C has tons of volume and would never dream of cranking it on most recordings!

Still waiting for the DAC19... Should be here by next Monday though
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #48 of 657
Has anyone heard the Audio-GD C-2D? I was searching for info on the C-2C and came across this page from 2006: C-2D Savely Arrived in Australia[ºÎÇ컪DIY¼¼ÊõÂÛ̳]. How different/similar is it to the C-2C? The guy from that link likes it better than a dual-mono dynalo (which is what a Headamp GS-X is I think).

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #50 of 657
Kingwa told me about the C2, the big brother of the C2C. The C2D looks like it has CAST input, as well as RCA, and maybe pre-amp output. I think the regular C2 has XLR and RCA input, but my memory could be off. He doesn't advertise the C2 online for some reason. I imagine it'd give $2000 amps a serious run for their money.

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #51 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kingwa told me about the C2, the big brother of the C2C. The C2D looks like it has CAST input, as well as RCA, and maybe pre-amp output. I think the regular C2 has XLR and RCA input, but my memory could be off. He doesn't advertise the C2 online for some reason. I imagine it'd give $2000 amps a serious run for their money.

Thanks for the info. Do you know how much he has sold C2D for in the past? It sounds like it would be a good combo with the reference dacs.

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #52 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info. Do you know how much he has sold C2D for in the past? It sounds like it would be a good combo with the reference dacs.

No idea, but I was quoted $7-800 for the C2.

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #55 of 657
C2D better than the GS-X? That got me interested...although somehow I doubt that. The GS-X is very close to the B22 in terms of performance. Maybe he just preferred the sound signature with his K701? Time will tell; until then I'll eagerly await further impressions.

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #57 of 657
How is your C-2C shaping up at the moment insyte ?

The CD-7 looks really good BTW. I'd love to pit it against the Vanguard CDM12 Pro Transport (Top Loader) I bought last December.

Peete.

Mar 25, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #59 of 657
Does the C2C use the Earth, Moon, Sun modules? I am currently listening to the Compass and am more impressed with the amp than the DAC so far so thinking the C2C might be even better amp wise. What do you think?

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #60 of 657
Wow, 4 pages and I just noticed this thread.

I recently purchased a C-2C and have been enjoying it for the last 3 weeks. I have about 100 hours on the unit and Kingwa claims to have put about 100 hours on it before shipping it to me. The unit doesn't seem to have changed too much in the time I've had it.

Most of my listening has been with Denon D7000's or AKG 701's. Both phones play nice with the amp and sound great in their own ways. I own a pair of HD650's but I haven't really given them much play yet.

Overall the amp sounds fantastic. There are no glaring faults that I can hear. It's very musical, has great prat, and does a good job with soundstaging. It's by far the best sounding SS amp that I've heard near this price range. When I'm using the amp, I feel no need to switch back to my Singlepower MPX3 or my Decware CSP-2, both of which are also excellent. I'm not saying it bests either amp, I'm just saying I enjoy it so much that I don't think about the other amps sitting next to it.

Last thing-I want to give props to Kingwa and Cherry at Audio-Gd. There communication throughout the process was really excellent. My emails almost always got answered within hours of sending them. In my opinion that says a lot about there customer service. Basically I wouldn't hesitate to recommend buying from them in the future. In fact, I'm so impressed with the headphone amp that I'm seriously considering picking up one of their dacs and possibly an integrated amp. Good stuff!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back