Audeze SINE Series
May 31, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #1,292 of 4,785
Check out @verge's Tweet: https://twitter.com/verge/status/737786235813400580?s=09

Harsh... Interesting take. I received my EL-8 case today. The case is a touch tight but really not bad. When I zip the case I don't feel there is stress on the cable. Does anyone need any more photos?

May 31, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #1,293 of 4,785
Harsh... Interesting take. I received my EL-8 case today. The case is a touch tight but really not bad. When I zip the case I don't feel there is stress on the cable. Does anyone need any more photos?

Agree it's a bit harsh. Made me think it was only a semi-professional review, but then realized it wasn't aimed at us typical Head-Fi'ers, but the rest of the tech world that is not as well versed as the average person who knows their way around these pages. Cheers 

May 31, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #1,294 of 4,785
Agree it's a bit harsh. Made me think it was only a semi-professional review, but then realized it wasn't aimed at us typical Head-Fi'ers, but the rest of the tech world that is not as well versed as the average person who knows their way around these pages. Cheers 

Good point... The "review" wouldn't have enticed me to buy either pair. After owning both, I would have gone the opposite direction with the SINE coming out on top. After all, a review is only an opinion as well.

May 31, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #1,295 of 4,785
Good point... The "review" wouldn't have enticed me to buy either pair. After owning both, I would have gone the opposite direction with the SINE coming out on top. After all, a review is only an opinion as well.

Yeah, some comments like "over ears are more comfortable to me than on-ears" makes me think of such wise and insightful statements such as "Audeze LCD-3's weight more than most headphones"... 
wink_face.gif

May 31, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,297 of 4,785
  The most head scratching comment for us in the article was, the "The Sine has the popular U-shaped response curve". 

Agreed. The SINE are very natural and flat and Tyll's measurements confirm this too. The last thing I would say is that they have a U shaped response curve. 

May 31, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #1,298 of 4,785
The most head scratching comment for us in the article was, the "[COLOR=444444]The Sine has the popular U-shaped response curve". [/COLOR]

The entire article was weirdly written. While I didn't enjoy the the sound quality(boring) of the PM-3, it wasn't a bad headphone. I was also thrown off by the popular U-shaped
curve comment.

May 31, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #1,299 of 4,785
Mine has an A-shaped response curve....for AWESOME

(rimshot)

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #1,300 of 4,785
I'm happy the sines don't have the U shaped response curve. Neutral!

Though as comfortable as Oppo-pm3 the sonic signature might not be something I would want. I really like the sonic signature for Sine. And for the pm3 to have a more boring sound seems not something I would want.

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #1,301 of 4,785
Other than a few inaccuracies (U shaped curve, not pointing out that there are in fact sonic differences with on-ear versus over-ear construction), I would say that the Verge review wasn't unfair. Plenty of people here and elsewhere (including Tyll) have called the PM-3 boring or too polite in its presentation, or some variation thereof. And it's not secret that the PM-3 is more comfortable than the Sine. For $450-$500, I could see not recommending the Sine on the basis of it not being comfortable enough. Loads of people who've tried the Sine so far have had to return or sell it because it wasn't comfortable enough for them.

The really big deficiency was not elaborating on the Cypher cable and the EQ options it offers. That cable really sets the Sine apart for iPhone users and is so convenient as a portable rig that it deserves a recommendation even if you're not in love with the on-ear comfort. Heck, I'd even recommend someone get an iPod Touch and use that with the Cypher cable and Sine as one of the better portable options going today.

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #1,302 of 4,785
Just got off an 8 hour flight to my new Cipher cable! Ears are still clogged up but 1st impression is this is definitely the best overall portable solution in the world for me.

Taking everything into account, isolation/leakage, convenience of not needing external amplification, and yes comfort too, though that is subjective, and of course sound quality, this is hard to beat.

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #1,303 of 4,785
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just hooked my Cipher cabled Sines up to my iPad and it played without the app...............I got prompt to download the app and when it did all my EQ settings from my iPhone were there!

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #1,305 of 4,785
On the comfort issue, I personally don't think there's an earth-shattering difference in comfort between the Sine and the PM-3 and comfort is definitely not even an issue with the Sine except with select individuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back