Audeze SINE Series
Apr 7, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #3,421 of 4,785
Would the SINE be an upgrade from Audio Technica M70-x's? Currently own a pair of the M70s and am looking for a pair of cans that can produce excellently flat sound response, in a high quality manner like the M70x's do, but better.

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #3,422 of 4,785
  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZRBOTY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

+1 excellent and cheap cable I prefer these over original audeze stock cables, those are better quality , longer and more flexible as well.
Sine+ Brainwawz angled pads+neomusicia cable= my final choice for Sine.

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #3,423 of 4,785

+1 excellent and cheap cable I prefer these over original audeze stock cables, those are better quality , longer and more flexible as well.
Sine+ Brainwawz angled pads+neomusicia cable= my final choice for Sine.

I actually bought the cable to scavenge the AH-D600 plugs from the headphone side. I can't find them on eBay or from a Cable maker to sell individually. I will be building a balanced cable for my Fiio X5iii. I also have the Brainwavz HM5 pads and MSR7 pads are in the mail. Need to pick up my 3D printed adapters today. Kind of excited to see how they all fit together.  The pads you have on your Sine... are they the HM5 pads?

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #3,424 of 4,785

Pads are Brainwavz Angled , published  the details earlier in this thread (which is now becoming humongous) tried (too) many others , could not find a better fit.

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #3,426 of 4,785
i need an honest opinion. how is the sine with cipher comparing with sony z7 ? and if i can use the z7 directly from my iphone 6s ? or do i really need an amp ? any suggestion will be appreciated. 
PS: im coming from hd 600 & 700 and looking for portability. thanks in advance 

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #3,428 of 4,785
i need an honest opinion. how is the sine with cipher comparing with sony z7 ? and if i can use the z7 directly from my iphone 6s ? or do i really need an amp ? any suggestion will be appreciated. 
PS: im coming from hd 600 & 700 and looking for portability. thanks in advance 

I've tried my Z7s with my iPhone6. You need to turn up volume almost to max to get usable listening level. Sounds ok, but I personally wouldn't use them that way. I use a Pono Player or Sony PHA-3 which are a huge improvement to direct iPhone connection for me.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #3,429 of 4,785
well, i have the maxx "modded" Sine's, and i ain't given' em back!

these are the only cans i've owned that don't get weird in some way when eq'd, and i'm blown away at how good they sound. been using with the Herus, which is great for the money but not as good as what i'm used to using so i'm looking to buy up for semi-portable use.

through my main rig these are friggin' stunning (grant fidelity tubedac-11 with a killer amperex white label 1960 tube in the output buffer through a burson soloist) and i want to get em to play portably sounding at least close to that good. tried the mojo already and the grant blows it away as a Dac. about to try an iFi Micro iCAN SE Headphone Amplifier with the grant. it's much more portable than the burson and if it sounds great i can always move the grant with the ifi to other rooms when desired. i don't need more to be more portable than that. if not than i'm looking for a different portable amp.

have to search the thread and read what folks are driving the sine's with...

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #3,430 of 4,785
Auditioned the open back Sine at Canjam. All the good things about Sine are preserved along with a wide soundstage.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #3,431 of 4,785
Just picked up a pair of the Sines and I have to say, first impressions are incredibly positive. 

I wanted a simple setup for when I work from home, using either my iPhone / Tidal or Macbook Roon / Tidal as the primary sources. No headphone amp or dac, just a streamlined system that offers a little bit of isolation. Straight out of my MacBook, my first thought was, "this might be my sound." 

This is my first real experience with planars, though for whatever it's worth, I've heard the LCD-XC and really enjoyed them, though they're not practical for this application for me. I also tried the EL-8 titanium a few times at the Apple store, and was disappointed because I really wanted to love them, but couldn't. The Sine was the exact opposite experience - I was thinking they might a little too expensive for my desired use-case, and I was leaning towards wireless headphones ( Sennheiser HD4.5 BTNC ) but I found myself listening to track after track, just like I did when I first my little Grado SR60s a decade ago. 

My one disappointment is that the Cipher cable is so expensive on its own, so I'm probably going to exchange my pair for the upgraded version. The prospect of future-proofing against upgrading my iPhone and having an integrated amp / dac / dsp feels like a better version of the future of headphones, for me at least, than wireless / Bluetooth. 

Happy to join the club and looking forward to earpad madness. 

Thanks to all for the impression in this thread and beyond! 

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #3,433 of 4,785
just one thing id like to know, which one should i consider the sine with cipher or isine10 with cipher ? which will be having better sound stage i know both are from whole different  genre but still those who tried both of them which one they will pick ? sine/isine10 ? 

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #3,434 of 4,785
  just one thing id like to know, which one should i consider the sine with cipher or isine10 with cipher ? which will be having better sound stage i know both are from whole different  genre but still those who tried both of them which one they will pick ? sine/isine10 ? 

It depends on whether you prefer a earphone (iSine) vs a headphone (Sine). iSine (open back) has better soundstage than Sine which is closed back. Also Audeze just announced the open back Sine which has much better soundstage than the closed back Sine. If you are after soundstage, you can consider that as well.

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #3,435 of 4,785

It depends on whether you prefer a earphone (iSine) vs a headphone (Sine). iSine (open back) has better soundstage than Sine which is closed back. Also Audeze just announced the open back Sine which has much better soundstage than the closed back Sine. If you are after soundstage, you can consider that as well.

thats great will be definitely look forward to the open back sine then. can you please share the link of the news ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back