Audeze SINE Series
Apr 9, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #3,436 of 4,785
My main concern would be if I could use these headphones to reference with. Not really looking to settle with something else, and really have my heart set out on these. Would these be a proper upgrade from AT's M70's?

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #3,437 of 4,785

It depends on whether you prefer a earphone (iSine) vs a headphone (Sine). iSine (open back) has better soundstage than Sine which is closed back. Also Audeze just announced the open back Sine which has much better soundstage than the closed back Sine. If you are after soundstage, you can consider that as well.

An open back sine would loose versatility as a portable headphone... Anyway i suffer with sine's tiny soundstage, maybe because of them being so close to perfection that this little step for mankind would undoubtedly be one giant leap for this man. 

I don's see the point about having the two versions, does anyone know if it will be an option buying the the open back cover (well my english doesn't help me to describe that part of the headphone, hope you understand me) and change it whenever you want (as the hifiman does in a simpler way)? Is that possible?

That would be the headphone of the headphones, and would impulse the Sine again as the best portable now that Mr.speakers aeon is reigning on their place...

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #3,438 of 4,785
thats great will be definitely look forward to the open back sine then. can you please share the link of the news ?

It was announced at the Canjam in LA. Not sure if there's an official announcement online.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #3,440 of 4,785
Just when I thought I was GAS-free, Audeze reveals an open back Sine. Sigh... I've been looking for a simple, open setup for home use. These might be the answer to that! Isolation won't be a problem at home. On the move I have my B&W P7 wireless which are fantastic.

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #3,441 of 4,785
I've been messing around with making a measurement rig and decided to test out a stock Audeze Sine. It's in pink and pitted against my modded T50RP Mk3 semi-opens and my modded Monolith M1060 open backs.

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #3,450 of 4,785
I would really really love to exchange my closed back Sine for an open back one (plus paying some cash), if Audeze ever offers that option. I love the sound signature of Sine, and I LOOOVE the soundstage of the open back Sine. At the Canjam, I auditioned the open back Sine, and when I handed it over to Sankar, he gave me a look that read, see what you have been missing out! 
wink_face.gif

The fact is, I hardly ever use the Sine outdoor. It doesn't have sufficient noise isolation for me. However I use it a lot indoor, along with other open backs. So, for me open back Sine would make more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back