Audeze SINE Series
Mar 27, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #3,392 of 4,785
Hey, i need a replacement cable for the sine since the original cable broke. My budget is about 50euro/usd. Does anyone know something? Non cypher

Just call Audeze directly. They should be able to sell you a replacement cable and I think it should be less than $50. Your other option is Moon Audio. They sell the balanced Sine cable, so they may have the regular one available as well.

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #3,393 of 4,785
Hey, i need a replacement cable for the sine since the original cable broke. My budget is about 50euro/usd. Does anyone know something? Non cypher

Just call Audeze directly. They should be able to sell you a replacement cable and I think it should be less than $50. Your other option is Moon Audio. They sell the balanced Sine cable, so they may have the regular one available as well.

It's probably under warranty still they haven't been out much longer than a year.

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #3,395 of 4,785
Anyone can point me to a 2.5mm or 4.4mm balanced cable for use with the Sine?

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #3,396 of 4,785
Just ordered and picked up the HM5 Sheepskin pads... I haven't read deep enough into the thread, but should I be purchasing "adapters" to get these to work on the Sine?  I'll continue reading, but a lot to catch up on.

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #3,400 of 4,785
  HM5 sheep skin (non-angled) will fit without adapters, though very slightly loose. 

Damn! I grabbed the angled ones. I thought someone used them here (went by pictures due to thread length). O'well... I'm sure I can use those pads on other headphones if they don't work for me.

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #3,401 of 4,785
antdroid had made posts regarding the HM5 series of pads earlier in the tread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/793518/audeze-sine-series/2370#post_12810807

HM5 angled and non-angled fit the same, since their diameter is the same.

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #3,402 of 4,785
Apr 1, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #3,403 of 4,785
Is there anyone here that has experience with the PSB M4U 2 and 4:s, that can compare them to the Sines? I love the PSB sound, which I'd describe as neutral, but musical with a slightly warm tinge.

The M4U1 was a staple of mine for awhile, but as soon as I got a Sine, I haven't touched the PSB (except to steal the earpads to give to the Sine!). The Sine is pretty similar to the M4U sound, except better in every aspect. This is not hyperbole or exaggeration, either. They're really that good.

And while the PSB pads sound almost exactly like the stock pads (except way way WAY more comfortable), Brainwavz angled pads ($30/amazon) sound a fair bit better.

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #3,404 of 4,785
The M4U1 was a staple of mine for awhile, but as soon as I got a Sine, I haven't touched the PSB (except to steal the earpads to give to the Sine!). The Sine is pretty similar to the M4U sound, except better in every aspect. This is not hyperbole or exaggeration, either. They're really that good.

And while the PSB pads sound almost exactly like the stock pads (except way way WAY more comfortable), Brainwavz angled pads ($30/amazon) sound a fair bit better.

Thanks for the feedback! I have since I made that post had a chance to try the Sines. They are every bit as good as the hype surrounding them. The thing that blew me away was the resolution and especially the dynamics of them. I could literally hear the mallet of the kick drum hit the skin on the bass drum on my favourite tracks. Transients were extremely snappy and clear. And the midrange. Oh my god the midrange. Best midrange I've ever heard on a headphone. Powerful yet musical. If they ever make an over ear pair, I'll never need another headphone again.

What about the EL-8 Open Back compared to the Sine? How big a difference in SQ and resolution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back