Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 24, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #17,161 of 18,459

Quote:
Incidentally, was this LCD-2 a Rev1 or 2?

Dear goodness this thread moves quickly! 
normal_smile .gif
 In the link above I was comparing stax to the rev 1. I was actually quite happy to have discovered a phone that does so well with mainstream recordings. It ensures I can get the most music out of all my CDs. Modest Mouse stuff in particular is purposely recorded lo-fi and while I like their darker attitude most of their stuff has been unlistenable in previous incarnations of my systems. With the LCD2s I find myself reaching for their disks more often. But well recorded stuff is a pleasure too. I just got some big bang Frank Sinatra and was listening to it last night. It's just so much fun on the LCD2s! 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #17,162 of 18,459

Quote:
I plan to purchase the rev1 back in the future,if there are not something like LCD3,which have the bass slam like the rev1.   

or you could use an equalizer, or try a digizoid ZO to increase the bass and save yourself a thousand bucks.... just sayin.

i'd be willing to bet that an equalizer could make rev 2 sound nearly identical to rev1 or vice versa, but alas, eq is a feared commodity for many head-fiers

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #17,163 of 18,459
k701smile.gif
You make it sound like a french Pastry more than a good headphone.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I agree, period.
gs1000.gif
 I have yet to find any headphone or IEM which is as creamy as the Rev 1. The SR009 has silky smooth yet detailed overall sound but it still can't match the Rev 1 in terms of creaminess.

Quote:

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #17,164 of 18,459
man, i hate this hobby sometimes.

lately, i guess i have become an overly critical listener.

or, perhaps i just own too many headphones, and my ears stay "confused".
but, anyway, what happens is i hear a particular thing that i like about one headphone.  and then the following day i listen to a different headphone, and that particular thing is missing.
so, i start from there, and begin picking apart the sound.  instead of enjoying the music.

lately, for instance, i have fallen out of love with the LCD-2s.  both versions.
for some reason, when i go to listen to them, the soundstage is small, the midrange is shouty, and the layering / instrument separation is gone.

the human brain is a powerful thing, i know...  so i'm hoping this psychological barrier to my enjoyment can be worked around.
of course, my knee jerk reaction is "buy a new amp".  hahahaha.

but i'm hoping i can rectify this "bad spell" by taking some much needed time off from my LCD-2s...

as peter cetera once sang, "everybody needs a little time away..."  hahahahahaha.  (sorry for the totally corny reference)

see you guys later...
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #17,165 of 18,459
Got mine too.  Their email works fine but with the website I can't get any shipping info.  Quick service is cool indeed.  I wanted to make sure I was getting the latest/greatest.

Quote:
Got my tracking info. Their website is janky but I'm impressed with the quick service. Very nice!

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #17,167 of 18,459
I totally get it. It's hard not to listen to the equipment and get back to listening to the music. 

Quote:
man, i hate this hobby sometimes.

lately, i guess i have become an overly critical listener.

or, perhaps i just own too many headphones, and my ears stay "confused".
but, anyway, what happens is i hear a particular thing that i like about one headphone.  and then the following day i listen to a different headphone, and that particular thing is missing.
so, i start from there, and begin picking apart the sound.  instead of enjoying the music.

lately, for instance, i have fallen out of love with the LCD-2s.  both versions.
for some reason, when i go to listen to them, the soundstage is small, the midrange is shouty, and the layering / instrument separation is gone.

the human brain is a powerful thing, i know...  so i'm hoping this psychological barrier to my enjoyment can be worked around.
of course, my knee jerk reaction is "buy a new amp".  hahahaha.

but i'm hoping i can rectify this "bad spell" by taking some much needed time off from my LCD-2s...

as peter cetera once sang, "everybody needs a little time away..."  hahahahahaha.  (sorry for the totally corny reference)

see you guys later...
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #17,168 of 18,459
Im amazed on how fast this thread moves, whats the difference between the rev1 and rev2? I know its been asked like a million times, but i need to know. Because maybe some people prefer the rev1 over the rev2.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #17,169 of 18,459
I think the lcd2 rev 2 scales better with higher end front ends than the rev1. The additional clarity, speed, and soundstage allows the rev2 to not be held back when going to better sources. I think the differences between the two grow further and further apart as you go to better and better front ends. This opinion is formed after a meet which the two revisions sounded more similar until they were moved to a better front end. If you have a good front end, I would get the rev2.

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #17,173 of 18,459
I'm grateful for the Audez'e LCD-2.
I'm grateful for how comfy the pads feel.
I'm grateful for how the sound of recordings with them is so accurate.
I'm grateful for how characterful they look.
I'm grateful for how they have rekindled my love for music. 
I'm grateful for how their weight ensures that I take them off every few hours to rest my ears and neck.
I'm grateful for Audez'e's excellent customer service.
I'm grateful for how Audez'e continually improve their products.
I'm grateful for the leather headband.
I'm grateful for how buying new headphones to the point of having the LCD-2 has allowed me to connect with many wonderful people.
I'm grateful for how their travel case allows me to travel with them without worrying that I'll break them or scratch the wooden box.
I'm grateful for their flat frequency response up to around 1 kHz.
I'm grateful for how the mids and treble are never harsh or fatiguing.
I'm grateful for their awesome bass reproduction.
I'm grateful for how great virtually all kinds of music sound with them.
I'm grateful for what I have learned about sound in the process of acquiring them as part of my rig.
I'm grateful for how my writing skills have developed when putting my thoughts about them into words.
I'm grateful for their creaminess.
I'm grateful for the hamster jokes :wink:
I'm grateful for how being grateful about them is a wonderful way to pass time that feels really good.
I'm grateful for how being grateful about the LCD-2 is a wonderful opportunity to share the healing power of gratitude.
I'm grateful for how the LCD-2 have brought so many people together on head-fi.
I'm grateful for how the imperfections of the LCD-2 remind me that everything has positives and negatives.
I'm grateful for the contrasting opinions and different points of view that the LCD-2 have resulted in on head-fi.
I'm grateful for how I am rediscovering music with the LCD-2.
I'm grateful for looking at the LCD-2 on my desk and wondering what I'll listen to with them next.
I'm grateful for the excellence of the rev2/Lavry DA10 combo.
I'm grateful for how they LCD-2 makes music sound like it was meant to sound.
I'm grateful for how I can use the LCD-2 with my iPhone.
I'm grateful for how many reasons I have to be grateful for about the LCD-2
I'm grateful for the other LCD-2 owners who have opened my eyes and ears to new music (thanks).
I'm grateful for the LCD-2 owners who have opened my eyes to other perspectives.
I'm grateful for how I am listening to more music than headphones with the LCD-2.

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #17,174 of 18,459
Steve Guttenberg recently posted a review of the LCD-2 rev2.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20096214-47/audeze-headphones-redefining-the-state-of-the-art-again/?tag=cnetRiver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back