Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 25, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #15,437 of 18,459
I dun think u will be able to get the full refund. And u wont be paying the import tax this time. bt still shipping is a lot of money.

and rev.2 is noooo way bright. bt it's not dark either.

Quote:
Is that how it works? Replacement is the Rev2 driver?

I heard the Rev2 is bright, though. I got the LCD2 over stuff like the T1 and the HD800 because I prefer dark sounding cans.

Regardless, it's ridiculous and it hurts, that's an extra $100 or so on top of my cost just because I need to ship the defective piece of junk back to them. I already spent about $150 more just to import them the first time around and now I have to spend the same to send them back?  Boo on Audeze for knowingly selling a defective product and bigger boo on me for knowingly buying it!

As much as I loved the LCD2, I'm of half a mind to hit them where it hurts and just get a refund. 

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #15,438 of 18,459
Well I'm in my rights for a full refund. According to the warranty card product defects can be given a full refund. I still need to weigh my decision.

I can't fully blame Audeze because it was my fault for buying when the issue was well-known, but now that it's happened I can't help but feel very bad about it all. Audeze didn't take any steps to correct the production issue and just relied on after sales customer service to fix the issue, which works for people in the US due to fast and cheap shipping, but it's an entirely different matter for people who need to spend $100 or more for shipping and a month wait time, plus customs duties which can amount to $200.

I definitely have the "I got screwed over" feeling over a $1000 item.

Anyway I've emailed Alex and Sankar to see what my options are. What a way to start my day.

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #15,439 of 18,459
Well, maybe you got their response already, but I assume they will carry the shipping charges the same as for me and some others in this thread with the same problem, so the "only" things you will be losing are the effort to package the headphones well for the return and the listening time during the sending the defective-getting the replacement one operation.

I also live overseas from US, and Audeze did not send the replacement until they had received my defective LCD-2. The whole process from first contact to Audeze to delivery of the new unit took one month. Not really happy being without the LCD-2 during that time, and had to send an email or two to Audeze to clarify some topics and prod a bit as the process seemed to stop at one time.

But I have to say that the delivery etc. process was designed to be very easy for me, and the approach and attitude to replacing a malfunctioning product was very professional and customer friendly. Just the above mentioned hiccups in the execution.

Quote:
Well I'm in my rights for a full refund. According to the warranty card product defects can be given a full refund. I still need to weigh my decision.

I can't fully blame Audeze because it was my fault for buying when the issue was well-known, but now that it's happened I can't help but feel very bad about it all. Audeze didn't take any steps to correct the production issue and just relied on after sales customer service to fix the issue, which works for people in the US due to fast and cheap shipping, but it's an entirely different matter for people who need to spend $100 or more for shipping and a month wait time, plus customs duties which can amount to $200.

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #15,441 of 18,459
haha. then they gonna have the training for fighting for LCD 2 rather than country or ppl and army department is already a dangerous place  
wink.gif

Quote:
Why don't you bring it to the army with you?

Jul 25, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #15,443 of 18,459

Quote:
When listening to music with headphones, have you considered/tried using a chair with an inbuilt headrest, a chair that supports your neck and is comfortable to sink back into?

Quote:
You better believe it! I'm the king of chairs for sure.

So the chairs with neck support haven't been effective?  Wondering whether to buy one myself but I've no idea if it will prevent my lower back pain.

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #15,447 of 18,459
After being away for quite awhile, and returning to read the last 100 pages of this thread, I'm very pleased to own an early R.1 without any issues. *knock on wood*

I will say I'm curious to hear an R.2 at some point in the future but certainly not enough to order one.  Thanks to all for posting their impressions.

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #15,448 of 18,459
Well, maybe you got their response already, but I assume they will carry the shipping charges the same as for me and some others in this thread with the same problem, so the "only" things you will be losing are the effort to package the headphones well for the return and the listening time during the sending the defective-getting the replacement one operation.

I also live overseas from US, and Audeze did not send the replacement until they had received my defective LCD-2. The whole process from first contact to Audeze to delivery of the new unit took one month. Not really happy being without the LCD-2 during that time, and had to send an email or two to Audeze to clarify some topics and prod a bit as the process seemed to stop at one time.

But I have to say that the delivery etc. process was designed to be very easy for me, and the approach and attitude to replacing a malfunctioning product was very professional and customer friendly. Just the above mentioned hiccups in the execution.

Ah, so they cover shipping? That's a huge relief. The warranty card said we cover shipping to them so that got me scared, since shipping is a huge expense for me.

But yes the one month delay is going to be a huge pain. well I will wait the reply from Audeze. If thing work out fine maybe I'll pay for a headband upgrade if that can be accommodated. I want to replace the foam headband with something more permanent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back