Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jan 10, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #8,506 of 18,459
How long from the time you paid, till they ship it out?

Quote:
Just received an email that my LCD-2 will ship out today.

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #8,508 of 18,459

If you are wondering what the current wait time is, it is about 7 weeks.  Preordered mine Nov 15, got a payment request today.  

Quote:
Hi jc9394,

Quote:
Just received an email that my LCD-2 will ship out today.

I'm compelled to ask...  Can you recall the date you submitted your pre-order?

Thanks,

Mike

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #8,510 of 18,459
Well I pre-ordered like November 22nd and I have yet to get an email from them with a link. I found a used pair that was from the first batch (the wood color is much nicer IMHO.) If anyone wants my spot, first one to pm me gets it as long as I can just give you the link :)

Whos going to be lucky to get it soon?

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #8,511 of 18,459
Audeze doesn't allow that, I tried earlier with a friend that changed his mind.

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #8,512 of 18,459
I preordered mines in late October and suppose to be ready last month but never received my notification to pay. It probably went to junk mail, I emailed them for status this morning and was told they did sent the email. They resent it after couple emails exchange and I paid right away. I got shipping notification about 3 hours after paid. My situation is little diffent from norm.

I got to give credit for excellent customer service, very fast response and able to identify the problem.

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #8,513 of 18,459

and how would they know? 

Also, who else thinks the first round of LCD-2 are MUCH nicer than the new ones? 
Quote:

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #8,514 of 18,459

Hi flargosa,

Quote:
If you are wondering what the current wait time is, it is about 7 weeks.  Preordered mine Nov 15, got a payment request today.  

[snip] 

Thanks for the feedback.  Actually, November 15th to January 10th works out to 56 days, or 8 weeks.

Wulvy pre-ordered his 10 days ahead of you, but only received his payment request yesterday (a 65-day wait, or 9.3 weeks).

Looking at just the two of you, that's an average of 60.5 days, or 8.6 weeks.

Back to my cryogenic chamber...

smile.gif

Mike

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #8,515 of 18,459

Quote:
Yes but with more wattage you are staying in the lower distortion area of the amp. Also peaks can surprise you. While most of the time very little power is needed, headroom can be a big plus. 

True...but for the record, I've never clipped with my MAD amp.

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #8,516 of 18,459

Quote:
Interesting to hear you like them with the Ear+ HD as that's the amp I own and have been contemplating buying the LCD-2. I've heard a couple others say they liked the pair too, but not as much as pairing them with a Concerto. A head-fier who works at 32 Ohm told me that the LCD-2 needs 1 - 1.5 watts per channel to sound their best through musical peaks, whereas the Ear+ only puts out .1 watt or a 1/10 of a watt. This seems to explain why so many people like them paired with the Concerto which is a very powerful amp. I'm just going to have to try to get my brother to part with his new LCD-2 for an hour to hear them paired with my Ear+ myself. I really love the LCD-2. It's my favorite sounding headphones thus far, but I can't afford another amp to pair with them so have been trying to put it out of mind, for now anyway.

I'll also vouch for the pairing of the LCD-2's with MAD, although my Mapletree amp is the Ear+ Super HD-II.  With the solid-state rectifier and EL-84's providing good cathode-follower current handling, I rarely turn the volume pot past 40%.  At the recommendation of Macedonian Hero, I rolled input tubes and currently have a pair of early Amperex Holland 12AX7's in the input tube spots for a very rich and involving listening experience.  My musical repertoire leans heavily to female vocalists, large-scale choral pieces, Mahler symphonies, and occasional angry-girl rockers or Bruce Springstein.  No death metal or rap, since I'm an old fart.  Anyway, the MAD + Audeze really floats my boat, and I recommend the combination.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your impressions. I did get a good listen in last night and thought the pairing sounded fantastic, much better than expected. I especially like the forward mids with the Ear+ / LCD-2 combo. Now I have to sell some other phones to fund them.

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #8,517 of 18,459
What power does for the LCD2 is really gives them more headroom and bass is deeper as I noticed with the Taboo but only clips om the other side never with my Taboo no matter how loud I want to blow my head up only gets loud very very very loud

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #8,518 of 18,459

Quote:
and how would they know? 

Also, who else thinks the first round of LCD-2 are MUCH nicer than the new ones? 
Quote:

I do. Nicer grain marbling.

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #8,519 of 18,459

Quote:
Hi flargosa,

Quote:

[snip] 

Thanks for the feedback.  Actually, November 15th to January 10th works out to 56 days, or 8 weeks.

Wulvy pre-ordered his 10 days ahead of you, but only received his payment request yesterday (a 65-day wait, or 9.3 weeks).

Looking at just the two of you, that's an average of 60.5 days, or 8.6 weeks.

Back to my cryogenic chamber...

smile.gif

Mike

Factor in christmas and new year and you can deduct 1 or 2 weeks on the wait time!!

FWIW, mine took 5 weeks back in sept 2010...

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #8,520 of 18,459

Quote:
and how would they know? 

Quote:

Give it a try and you will find out, the link is an invoice in your name so whoever tries to use it will not be able to buy them in their own name. Plus check out the message that comes with the buy link that says explicitly that you can't do it, "This e-mail is the property of Audez’e Inc. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back