Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #10,006 of 13,136

After owning the O2/ODAC and comparing it with a Polaris borrowed from a friend, the Polaris pairs well with a much wider selection of headphones.  The adjustability of the output resistance/impedance really makes it much more flexible to tailor to different headphones.  The reason has something to do with harmonics from what other posters on the HE-400i, HE-560, and HD-800 threads noted, which I think is a part of the synergy aspect.  Like pairing wine and food to enhance each other.

I agree. I have not had a chance to listen to a Polaris. But there will always be combos that sound better or worse regardless of price.

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #10,007 of 13,136
The LCD-X as mentioned, and I made my post due to the fact that the order status is now "Completed - Waiting to Ship" and my credit card has been billed - I should be receiving the cans, eh? :p Just waiting for the tracking code.

Btw, make certain that your credit card doesn't have safety limits in place, e.g. 1000$ for an internet purchase.
Additionally, PayPal isn't an option for this one - there's no place to add your personal voucher from the Black Friday hassle, as the location to enter it is in the default check out-page of Audezes webstore where you normally to add credit card details, paying with PayPal redirects you to PayPals check out-page which obviously doesn't have an add voucher-option. Noticed this myself as I would've normally used PayPal, I'm wary of adding my CC details anywhere.

Yes, I already checked that everything is ok with my bank, the same as the first time. I don't know if it's a problem woth my location or else.

I hope not to lose the offer.

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #10,008 of 13,136
Yes, I already checked that everything is ok with my bank, the same as the first time. I don't know if it's a problem woth my location or else.

I hope not to lose the offer.

Let's hope you get the problem sorted, it was actually my first time in over 10+ years for the payment to fail on the internet, when it did on the 26th. And I did order to a country which doesn't exist.

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #10,009 of 13,136
Dec 15, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #10,011 of 13,136

Let's hope you get the problem sorted, it was actually my first time in over 10+ years for the payment to fail on the internet, when it did on the 26th. And I did order to a country which doesn't exist.

Hahah that's hilarious

I ordered from Spain. No idea if there's any problem with that.

Let us know your impressions with the X!

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #10,012 of 13,136

Hahah that's hilarious

I ordered from Spain. No idea if there's any problem with that.

Let us know your impressions with the X!

I actually visit Spain 4-5 times a year, know any other good online headphone stores besides Zococity? Their Black Friday sales were pretty decent. Haven't noticed any proper brick & mortar stores on the Costa del Sol-area either.
Wondering if the two weeks + is enough for FedEx to ship the LCD-X to Finland, going to Spain again for the New Years and three weeks after that, might be that I get to hear the impressions earliest in late Jan :p

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #10,013 of 13,136

I actually visit Spain 4-5 times a year, know any other good online headphone stores besides Zococity? Their Black Friday sales were pretty decent. Haven't noticed any proper brick & mortar stores on the Costa del Sol-area either.
Wondering if the two weeks + is enough for FedEx to ship the LCD-X to Finland, going to Spain again for the New Years and three weeks after that, might be that I get to hear the impressions earliest in late Jan :p

I don't know actually. Right now I'm in Taiwan where there's a lot of dedicated headphone stores to test gear. Ordered the Xs to Spain because I don't trust that much the delivery system in Asia so far. 

It takes that long FedEx to deliver? I thought it was like one week working days.

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #10,014 of 13,136

I don't know actually. Right now I'm in Taiwan where there's a lot of dedicated headphone stores to test gear. Ordered the Xs to Spain because I don't trust that much the delivery system in Asia so far. 

It takes that long FedEx to deliver? I thought it was like one week working days.

I think they promise a 5-day delivery with that Intl. Economy shipping, but the reality is different. From Cal -> centralized location in the US to ship to Europe, then the centralized location in the EU to ship to a specific country in the EU, add the customs hold-up and the actual delivery guy messing about in the snow with his little van.

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #10,017 of 13,136

I read that you have the Grace combo. Interested in how they pair with the Xs. I have to buy dac/amp yet and I'm between iFi Micro, Jot, Grace, NFB-11, Mojo or just Fulla 2 to save some money.

Let me know!

Will do! A great match for the 400i, so I'd be surprised if the easier to drive X would be different, but let's see how the synergy goes.

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #10,019 of 13,136
will the tiny hooks dmg the headband? Also looking to buy a wooaudio one to match my alum lcd2, are those the best silver ones?

Choose one with a wider hook.

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #10,020 of 13,136
Hi,

If someone plan to sell his B-Stock LCD2 fazor 2016.
PM me please

Regards

Yes I have an extra LCD 2F actually I had ordered on the 23rd of November for a B-Stock Deckard amp. instead Audeze sent me a brand new Shulda wood LCD 2 with the gold seal on it ! I called they told me  I could keep it if I wanted,  and they would honour the price for a Deckard amp , so I went ahead and purchased the Deckard amp which has a B-Stock sticker on it. but it looks new to me ? specialy  from the way it was packed ! So make me an offer and I will think about it otherwise it goes on the Amazon ! ( I can send you the pictures !
And -  by the way I find the Deckard Amp to be far more musical than the Lyr 2 that I also purchased through amazon 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back