Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #9,976 of 13,134

I usually let them air before hanging them anyways, it's the earned compressing that worries me. :/

One of the first headphone stands that I got was a Omega look a like, after a few months the ear pads of my HE-400 were smashed in.  The only time I'll use them is to take a picture so the ear cups are at better angle to be photographed.

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #9,978 of 13,134
Tried the LCD x today at a high end speaker store. Man i wanted to cry, never heard such beauty. even for older progressive metal albums. Unfortunately didn't get to try the lcd 2 with a higher end amp, but did try them with the Chord Dave. Still a no go. Thinking of picking up Audeze Decard to power the LCD 2 that i got from the b-stock sale... Hoping i can come somewhat close to the lcd x sound.

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #9,979 of 13,134
  Tried the LCD x today at a high end speaker store. Man i wanted to cry, never heard such beauty. even for older progressive metal albums. Unfortunately didn't get to try the lcd 2 with a higher end amp, but did try them with the Chord Dave. Still a no go. Thinking of picking up Audeze Decard to power the LCD 2 that i got from the b-stock sale... Hoping i can come somewhat close to the lcd x sound.

What dac and amp did you used with the LCD-X?

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #9,980 of 13,134

When I heard the LCD-2f with the Deckard I thought it was absolutely amazing. 

My O2 doesn't do the same things with the headphones like the Deckard did. But that's the extent of what i've tried with them unfortunately. I'll be going back to the store tomorrow to try out other combos.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #9,981 of 13,134
  When I heard the LCD-2f with the Deckard I thought it was absolutely amazing. 

My O2 doesn't do the same things with the headphones like the Deckard did. But that's the extent of what i've tried with them unfortunately. I'll be going back to the store tomorrow to try out other combos.

cool! would love to know your thoughts, very close to pulling the gun on the Decard. At the moment my LCD 2f sound like a slightly muffled mess. When songs get too instrumental, it just sounds congested, some of the guitar sounds just dont sound clean or aren't being picked up well. Really frustrating!

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #9,983 of 13,134
  cool! would love to know your thoughts, very close to pulling the gun on the Decard. At the moment my LCD 2f sound like a slightly muffled mess. When songs get too instrumental, it just sounds congested, some of the guitar sounds just dont sound clean or aren't being picked up well. Really frustrating!

Yeah, I understand how you feel. I know these headphones can sound so much better since... well they did sound better when they were on the Deckard. So i'll have to see tomorrow.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #9,985 of 13,134
  at the store only the Chord Dave. i listened to Sigor Ros, Deftones (White Pony album), and Tesseract (One album). The experience was mind blowing. 

I see we have very similar tastes. I saw Tesseract this summer and missed Sigur Ros last month :frowning2:

If you are going another day to the store, please try LCD-X with more humble amp as the Mojo or similar if they have them.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #9,987 of 13,134

I see we have very similar tastes. I saw Tesseract this summer and missed Sigur Ros last month :frowning2:

If you are going another day to the store, please try LCD-X with more humble amp as the Mojo or similar if they have them.

From what i listened to, you won't need a whole lot of power for the LCD X. I might visit another High end audio store later this month in SF. Believe me i almost cried! 

Also awesome!! I just bought Tesseract's Polaris Deluxe Edition to prepare myself for the LCD 2. Any other cool bands you've liked recently testing your audio gear? I'm trying to buy Mean's End - The Didact soon.
  That's a lot of pressure :p

hehe..

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #9,990 of 13,134

Buy a banana rack/hook from Amazon.
Lets them air.

good to know this.  thanks.  any other suggestions on a reasonable priced headstand for lcd2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back