Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #4,996 of 13,139
  Hi everyone,
I've bought an LCD-2F from razordog some months ago and it was sent  to my aunt's house in USA so she could bring it to me in Brazil. She arrived today and unfortunately the cable isn't functioning well and the left side is not playing. I'm sure that it is a cable's issue, because if I connect the right side of the cable to the left side of the headphone they will play well. It's a sad thing because I was so eager to test my headphone after wait so long. I've emailed Audeze and I hope they'll send me a new cable as fast as possible. I'll post my impressions as soon as I can.

Are you using the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter?

And did it come with a balanced cable?  If so, any chance you have a balanced amp, or an adapter you could try?

Dec 13, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #4,997 of 13,139
Dec 13, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #4,998 of 13,139
Dec 13, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #4,999 of 13,139
Where there's a will, there's a way. Pretty cool, thanks!
wink.gif

Going to give it a try on my LCD-2's as they of course lack sound-stage/separation relative to 2.2/2.2F....

Dec 13, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #5,000 of 13,139
Going to give it a try on my LCD-2's as they of course lack sound-stage/separation relative to 2.2/2.2F....

Please post pics and impressions if you do. :D

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #5,001 of 13,139
why do I own these expensive headphones when I don't know what 90% of the terms to describe sound mean haha

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #5,002 of 13,139
  why do I own these expensive headphones when I don't know what 90% of the terms to describe sound mean haha

you suffer from headfitis then, but don't worry, you aren't alone 

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #5,004 of 13,139
Hello there LCD-2 owners. What IYE is the best amp for LCD-2, both non-Fazor and Fazor editions? I'm eyeing the following, any of you have experience and I mpressions on them with the LCD-2?

Bryston BHA-1
Schiit Mjolnir
Violectric 180
Violectric 280
Auralic Taurus MkII
Burson Soloist
Woo Audio WA6

Cheers.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #5,005 of 13,139
I use Soloist and like it very much. It does the clicking noises when turning volume up and down, it is normal for a stepped attenuator type of volume, but the sound quality is very good.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #5,006 of 13,139
Hello there LCD-2 owners. What IYE is the best amp for LCD-2, both non-Fazor and Fazor editions? I'm eyeing the following, any of you have experience and I mpressions on them with the LCD-2?

Bryston BHA-1
Schiit Mjolnir
Violectric 180
Violectric 280
Auralic Taurus MkII
Burson Soloist
Woo Audio WA6

Cheers.

out of the highlighted amps, my fav was the bha-1, just an awesome solid state amp !

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #5,007 of 13,139

Bryston BHA-1
Schiit Mjolnir
Violectric 180
Violectric 280
Auralic Taurus MkII
Burson Soloist
Woo Audio WA6

Cheers.

It's not listed but I love the LCD-2 with my Oppo HA-1 through balanced headphone out. The bass is impactful and the highs are clear and natural. Definately lets the LCD- 2 sing its song.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #5,008 of 13,139
ahhhhh, didn't include my non-listed, second favorite the lyr , it actually might be tied with the bryston

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #5,009 of 13,139
out of the highlighted amps, my fav was the bha-1, just an awesome solid state amp !

Thanks Jay. Bryston BHA-1 is on top of my list because of its HP outputs, has balanced and SE. What's sort of giving me 2nd thoughts from pulling the trigger is the O2 designer's claim that the O2 cannot be distinguished from the BHA-1 in both objective and subjective measurements...lol

What are the differences between the two?

It's not listed but I love the LCD-2 with my Oppo HA-1 through balanced headphone out. The bass is impactful and the highs are clear and natural. Definately lets the LCD- 2 sing its song.

Thanks. Noted.

ahhhhh, didn't include my non-listed, second favorite the lyr , it actually might be tied with the bryston

You still have it? What's the sound like vs. the Bryston?

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #5,010 of 13,139
Thanks Jay. Bryston BHA-1 is on top of my list because of its HP outputs, has balanced and SE. What's sort of giving me 2nd thoughts from pulling the trigger is the O2 designer's claim that the O2 cannot be distinguished from the BHA-1 in both objective and subjective measurements...lol

What are the differences between the two?
Thanks. Noted.
You still have it? What's the sound like vs. the Bryston?

when the lcd2 first came out, it had a very lush,slow, warm(to me) sound, and needed a lot of power, the lyr and the mjo were really good then my favorite was the mjo, it had power to spare, and kinda lightened up the sound of the lcd2, which i prefered. the lyr was just about as good, just warmer than the mjo, and a lot of folks liked that.
as the lcd2 progressed, the sound it bass lightened a bit, it got faster, more prat, which i found the mjo wasn't the best option for me, the lyr became better with the newer lcd2.2's
then i got the soloist, which was good,but it really didn't get juices flowing.
enter the bryston. BAM ! power, snap, a sound slightly to the warm side, and its flexibility , and having that 20 year warranty from such a great company, made it my favorite solid state 
amp. 
as for designer's claims, while i listen to what they have to say, my own ears are the best judge, and i don't pay a lot of attention to numbers, most of them 
i don't really have a grasp of what they mean in practical use. i'm not very technically knowledgeable . 
if some piques my interest, i'll try it for myself !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back