Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 11, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #4,981 of 13,139
  The Geek Pulse + Audeze LCD-2 / LCD-XC / LCD-3 bundle deals are still up and running but will only be active for the next few days.  Looking at wrapping up this offering by early next week.

http://bit.ly/PulseAudezeBundle

If I didn't already have the LCD-2 and dac/amp already, I would jump at it.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #4,982 of 13,139
Dec 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #4,983 of 13,139
Yeah, it's not to shabby. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #4,984 of 13,139
deciding between 2.2 non fazor and the fazor version, what are the basic thoughts on the differences between the two? which do you guys prefer? 

also I guess which would complement what I have already better (hd800 and he500)

Dec 11, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #4,985 of 13,139
  In my limited experience I would go with German tubes like:Telefunkens or Siemens.   
They are generally known to be more extended and open in the midrange and treble range which are good match for LCD-2F.
I would stay away from tubes that are warm and lush like Mullards. 

If your on a budget you can try Tesla gold pin or Voskhod Rocket 6N23P.  
Good luck 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice. I had the Mullards for a while, but as you say, they are too "warm and lush". I have the Gold Lion now. They are good but not spectacular.  I will check out the German tubes you suggested.

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #4,987 of 13,139
Regarding 2.2 vs 2.2F, I was able to try 2.1, 2.2, and 2.2F all together recently, one after the other from my X-Sabre / Bottlehead SEX rig and my order of preference was 2.1 = 2.2F (for different reasons) and 2.2 just a hair behind. All are brilliant, but between 2.2 and 2.2F I would choose the F.

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #4,991 of 13,139
interesting, thanks

2.2 is more articulate and detailed on the whole bass, mid-bass to sub-bass region. It differentiates between bass notes. It has no tendency to be mono-tonous and bloomy on the bass. Impressive actually. Other than the 2.2, I've only heard this on 3-way speakers. On this alone, it's worth the purchase. It's mids and treble will open up and is perfectly fine for me, provided you have a truly neutral and sufficiently powered amp.

Just my honest 2 cents.

Dec 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #4,992 of 13,139
Hi everyone,
I've bought an LCD-2F from razordog some months ago and it was sent  to my aunt's house in USA so she could bring it to me in Brazil. She arrived today and unfortunately the cable isn't functioning well and the left side is not playing. I'm sure that it is a cable's issue, because if I connect the right side of the cable to the left side of the headphone they will play well. It's a sad thing because I was so eager to test my headphone after wait so long. I've emailed Audeze and I hope they'll send me a new cable as fast as possible. I'll post my impressions as soon as I can.

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #4,994 of 13,139
  Hi everyone,
I've bought an LCD-2F from razordog some months ago and it was sent  to my aunt's house in USA so she could bring it to me in Brazil. She arrived today and unfortunately the cable isn't functioning well and the left side is not playing. I'm sure that it is a cable's issue, because if I connect the right side of the cable to the left side of the headphone they will play well. It's a sad thing because I was so eager to test my headphone after wait so long. I've emailed Audeze and I hope they'll send me a new cable as fast as possible. I'll post my impressions as soon as I can.

Try fiddling with the cable at the strain relief to the left headphone connector and also at the 6.5mm jack connector. You'll still need a new cable, but you might find you can get the cable in the right spot to at least enjoy some tunes for the time being...

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #4,995 of 13,139
Too bad that the Geek Pulse + LCD-2's won't ship to Canada, considering I'm stuck paying $400USD to fix my current pair, it would have been a good way to get a replacement and a new toy.

Maybe I'll pledge for the Pulse Xfi anyway. Do I really need a new toy that bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back