Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #4,367 of 13,140
Cables actually do make a difference.  I remember someone doing their own measurements of various headphones, and found the cables to be rather heavy.  This should especially be true in Audeze's case, because their cables have a massive quarter inch termination.  I'm not sure if Audeze includes the cable in their website's numbers or not.  Now since the termination is going to be plugged into an amp, that particular weight shouldn't make a difference, but the weight of the cable itself does make a small difference.

Justin at headamp did weigh the LCD3 in at 540grams pre-fazor, so if at least the LCD3 weight on Audeze's site is right, then the Fazors add 60grams.  I do know bamboo LCD2 is lighter because A: the bamboo itself is lighter, and B: LCD2 has less magnets than the LCD3.  All of justin's measurements were with cables if I'm not mistaken, as they had HE-400 at 480g and HE-500 at around 550g.

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #4,368 of 13,140
This week i borrowed a LCD-2 (i think it is a newer rev.2 model without the fazors)
i'm coming from a Beyer T1, like my AKG 701 and my HD 650 but now...
i often read about these Audeze Stuff ... and now i'm absolutely surprised !
Before i Thought the T1 has very good bass and attack, better and more refined than all other Bayers ,better than all AKG and HD 600/650.
Now all changed :wink:

The LCD 2 is much more better in the low end, i can hear the deepest bass so clearly ! And i'm surprised about the LCD's mids and hights too !
The full freq.spectrum sound absolutely natural !  No enhanced mids like the AKG, no little synthetic hights like the T1 has, no warm but muffled sound like the HD 650 !

For me this LCD 2 sound like 'analog' , not to warm, not to dark. It's perfect.

will i loose any of this advantages if i order a actual Fazor model?
I read about slightly less bass ( deepest octave)  and a bit more 'sparkle' with the new models equipped with Fazor.
So should i stay with exactly this model i borrowed here ( i have the option to purchase it )

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #4,369 of 13,140
Wait until you listen to LCD-3f..... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #4,371 of 13,140
Any changes in bass and sparkle should be due to just variation in the drivers according to Audeze engineering. They're tuned to the same FR ideally... which I think is true, but the mids and treble open up more than non-F models, so the bass (>300Hz actually) has a different presence in the stage, perhaps leading to what you've heard about the balance. That's all just my hypothesis.

Oct 8, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #4,372 of 13,140
Hi all, I'm curious what differences there between the vegan pads and leather pads? I've read up earlier in the thread, but I'm just curious right now how it holds up. I already its a minor difference, if any at all. but just the fact there exists people who claim there is a difference, makes me want to know what it specifically is from multiple view points who have heard both or own the vegan ones.

(im gonaa be selling my pre-fazor with leather for a fazor one, and I cant decide between leather or vegan. I kinda want vegan because of the comfort and its ability to not slide around on your face when you tilt your head as easily, but I want to make sure what kind of slight change to the sound I would hear first. as sound comes first.)

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #4,373 of 13,140
  Hi all, I'm curious what differences there between the vegan pads and leather pads? I've read up earlier in the thread, but I'm just curious right now how it holds up. I already its a minor difference, if any at all. but just the fact there exists people who claim there is a difference, makes me want to know what it specifically is from multiple view points who have heard both or own the vegan ones.

I don't think the difference in sound is that big, but I really prefer the comfort of my vegan pads.

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #4,374 of 13,140
The people I've talked to at Audeze are really proud of the fact that they should sound the exact same as the leather. Even those that say there's a difference usually say it's within like 1%. I wouldn't worry. The comfort is WAY worth it IMHO.

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #4,376 of 13,140
  Ehhh I don't approve of their new logo:

Why are they trying to be all modernish and stuff?  It kind of goes against the unique/vintage look of their products IMO.

indeed... 

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #4,377 of 13,140
Or maybe a sign to come of future designs? So many misteries...... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #4,378 of 13,140
Catering to younger audiences with more budget minded models?

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #4,379 of 13,140

(im gonaa be selling my pre-fazor with leather for a fazor one, and I cant decide between leather or vegan. I kinda want vegan because of the comfort and its ability to not slide around on your face when you tilt your head as easily, but I want to make sure what kind of slight change to the sound I would hear first. as sound comes first.)

Vegan vs Leather
http://www.head-fi.org/t/509710/audeze-lcd-2-impressions-thread/3780#post_10807357

Interesting earpad ring mod also that I missed
http://www.head-fi.org/t/733538/audeze-lcd-2-earpad-ring-support-mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back