Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 12, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #1,367 of 6,486

Off topic- The Enigmacoustics Dharma has my interest, big time.  Part Time Audiophile also really liked it, and said retail will be $1,200 and possible release in March.  I've now refocused my attention squarely on the Dharma.  The only kicker.... will it be necessary to use the Enigmacoustics Athena amp to drive it (being a hybrid electrostat)?

The HE-1000 sounds interesting as well, but appears to be priced in the stratosphere.

Did anyone here on the forums listen to the Dharma, and if so, can you please provide impressions?

any photos/specs of the Dharma? this is the first I'm hearing about it...

+1...Usually Tyll and I have the exact opposite taste (only exception is the Beyer 1350), but that aside, the Dharma looks very interesting. 

I just started a Dharma thread here, because I too am very interested in this new phone and there doesn`t seem to be any info out there.  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/750437/enigma-acoustics-darma

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #1,369 of 6,486

I'd seriously wouldn't say something like that here if you like your username and being able to log into Head-Fi.

Wow, and right after Charlie Hebdo...

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #1,370 of 6,486
I'm not sure if you misread my post; the EL8 is definitely bass-leaning, I wouldn't call it bright personally. The T90 is definitely aggressive and bright.
Does it really sound relaxed and bass-leaning? That's the sound I want but from the impressions of others I got the impression that it was bright, lean and aggressive sounding (=terrible sound signature for me).

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #1,372 of 6,486
Tyll says it honestly, without caring about hurting headphone manufacturers' feelings. He cares about us, consumers. Besides his and my tastes are very similar. If he doesn't like EL-8, I most likely won't. Bass-light and strident are the worst words for a headphone for me. So I'll pass...

+1.

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #1,373 of 6,486

Too soon. XD

It wasn't intended as a joke. You seem to be implying that there is no free speech here. That Jude would delete the account of anyone who criticizes the site. I hope you are wrong. I wouldn't want to be part of a site without healthy freedom of expression.

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #1,374 of 6,486
Jan 12, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #1,375 of 6,486
Jan 12, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #1,376 of 6,486
I edited my post guys, it was rather inconsiderate. I did not mean to offend anyone. I still think EL-8 will be a fail for me if it has strident and bass-light sound though. I should wait for actual reviews.

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #1,377 of 6,486
bass-leaning = ..... thin bass ? :)

=============

these thin wafers ...strong?

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #1,378 of 6,486
I'm not sure if you misread my post; the EL8 is definitely bass-leaning, I wouldn't call it bright personally. The T90 is definitely aggressive and bright.

I auditioned T90, yes they're terrible. Too shrill and has piercing treble.
I was talking about EL-8. I was surprised because general impression has been that EL-8 is bass-light and bright. I do hope you're right though. I'd enjoy a portable planar magnetic.

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #1,379 of 6,486

It wasn't intended as a joke. You seem to be implying that there is no free speech here. That Jude would delete the account of anyone who criticizes the site. I hope you are wrong. I wouldn't want to be part of a site without healthy freedom of expression.

And I believe you have not been around Head-Fi long enough to know what I implied is almost completely true.
This site is like a private building. You don't get free speech in somebody else's house. You follow their rules.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/posting-guidelines

Specifically, the Moderation rules XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back