Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 6, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #544 of 6,486

Please take the IEM debate to another thread, there's enough to keep up with here already with all the new posts on the EL-8.

Thanks.

I don't see anything to keep up with so far. Nothing of note all day besides tech specs. Until someone talks about how they sound I'm bored and when you bring up CIEM's vs IEM's I can't stay shut lol. 

But yeah, I agree. Sorry!

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #545 of 6,486
  I can wait until we can actually order this. They are saying it will be released within days, correct? Meaning we early buyers could have it within weeks?

Apparently Moon Audio is already taking preorders, but I've seen both "February" and "March/April" as expected ship dates.

EDIT - ...and now "April/May"  lol

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #546 of 6,486
  I was hoping from CES would have posted some impression, nothing till now. Expect for first post.

Sorry, but if I was lucky enough to be at CES, I think the last thing I would do would be to stop in the middle of the day and write a long post on Head-Fi. I'd expect we'll hear more overnight as people come back to their rooms and collapse from walking such a huge show all day. Might be a few days until we get real in-depth stuff as there is so much going on out there. Cheers!

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #548 of 6,486
   Neither of them gave a very descriptive explanation of how it sounds, and they weren't exactly "Wow'ed".

Jude's qualifiers and somewhat reserved praise definitely made me raise an eyebrow. I'm also a bit worried that his more open and less lush comments might translate to real world lack of bass, but who knows! 

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #555 of 6,486
hopefully these will be easy enough to amp. Like with a fiio E11 or 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back