Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 16, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #3,363 of 6,486
Yeah, too bad. The wood reminds me of pho wood paneling in trailers in the 70's. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #3,367 of 6,486

NO!

I asked them about the new treatment, they said that this is a special kind of treatment. 

Thin layer of wood veneer (that kind of looks fake, even though it's actually wood) uses patented innovative proprietary special treatment. Suddenly, when put in audiophile market context, it all makes sense
wink.gif

Oh, and it is so special, that the wood looks like it has no finishing on it.

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #3,368 of 6,486
  I contacted Audeze regarding the darker wood, they said that images of darker EL8 belong to the prototype version.
The prototype's wood were treated differently from the final production version. 

lol you guys actually may be right.

they definitely had a product line-up pdf or smtg on their website showing shots of the dark wood el-8 as an option for purchase. that was been removed. also, all images of the dark version of the el-8 has been completely removed from their website.

guess the only other thing is to contact dealers such as razordogaudio to see if they are expecting any different stock in the near future.

if audeze has decided to drop the dark wood finish... that has to be the sadness thing ever. i mean c'mon, if you are dropping a color at least drop the least popular popular rather than the more popular color. maybe they thought it was too similar to the he-560... basically the same shade of color for the wood.

well, hopefully, they will at least work on an all-black version if they are dropping the dark wood version. here is to hoping... regardless, i am personally not very excited about the light wood version. looks ugly imo. waiting on a dark wood or black version.

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #3,370 of 6,486

Users who are viewing this thread

Back