Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 16, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #3,347 of 6,486
One wonders if QC could have been affected by the thefts, what with the pressure to fulfil orders.

If you oversaw or managed people building them would you let that happen? Every single headphone is burned in for 24 hours and fully tested before shipping out so if it wasn't working properly it was a very unlikely chance it was shipped not working but most likely damaged in shipping. You can slam a well padded box flat on the floor with extreme force without ever causing any damaged to the outside of the box. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #3,349 of 6,486
Never underestimate the ability of our shipping companies to completely destroy an item, even when carefully packaged.

Why do you think they are called "oooUPS". Worked there as a kid over Christmas one season and saw it first hand. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #3,350 of 6,486
Never underestimate the ability of our shipping companies to completely destroy an item, even when carefully packaged.

That's true.

I remember getting a phone once where the box was so damaged the phone itself was bent, even the battery was deformed (and it wasn't even an iPhone 6!).

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #3,351 of 6,486
There have been over a dozen request like yours. I make a single completely legitimate request for balanced cables for a "balanced" amp and I'm ridiculed.

Why don't you simply buy a pair instead of adding to the dozens of pleas for a "sound signature" opinion? It was already stated they have an Audeze sound signature - lol.

I was laughing at the absurdity, at calling the cable phenomenon A" Cable Monster" I was not ridiculing you or your ideas. I have a balanced amp, the Rag and a Norne Audio Vanquish cable made for my Alpha Prime's. And thus I would like to hear the sonic signature of single-ended vs balanced. And I do plan on buying an Audeze product, after I have gotten the Yggdrasil. And if one can not obtain a balanced cable for the EL-8, then I will for for a lcd series can. Please be well and remember I live to be absurd and lol at strange things. And I never set out to intentionally ridicule or mock you.

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #3,352 of 6,486
I was laughing at the absurdity, at calling the cable phenomenon A" Cable Monster" I was not ridiculing you or your ideas. I have a balanced amp, the Rag and a Norne Audio Vanquish cable made for my Alpha Prime's. And thus I would like to hear the sonic signature of single-ended vs balanced. And I do plan on buying an Audeze product, after I have gotten the Yggdrasil. And if one can not obtain a balanced cable for the EL-8, then I will for for a lcd series can. Please be well and remember I live to be absurd and lol at strange things. And I never set out to intentionally ridicule or mock you.

My original post was about the ability of cable debates to completely eat a thread. Thus "cable monster"

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #3,355 of 6,486
  So did Audeze confirm a darker veneer? Or are people just speculating that they may add that option?

there were pictures of those in their ads, so yes, they will be including that option. perhaps not right away though.

at the lcd-3 sound variations... well, everyone knows that jude gets his own special edition ultra-high-fi version of their products, so obviously his personal pair sounds superior :wink: heh

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #3,356 of 6,486
  there were pictures of those in their ads, so yes, they will be including that option. perhaps not right away though.

at the lcd-3 sound variations... well, everyone knows that jude gets his own special edition ultra-high-fi version of their products, so obviously his personal pair sounds superior :wink: heh

Headphone-paranoia is a terrible thing :wink:

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #3,357 of 6,486
  Now I have to live the rest of my life with concerns about my LCD3 sound quality.
I have no access to any other LCD3 for comparison. This is shame if it is true. 
How come a company that claims being a hifi and can't maintain consistency along their products?!!!

You would be able to tell if there was an issue if your left and right channels sound differently.  If they sound identical, you're fine.  Audeze channel matches, so if yours are matched, they went through proper quality control.  Having two channels exactly the same out of spec is tougher odds than having only one.

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #3,359 of 6,486
  This was confirmed by many people, though.

Not to say that Jude got a above-average pair or anything, but simply go to a meet and check out different LCD-3 on the same setup and you'll most likely end up with a rather different sound...

jude got a head-fi special edition pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back