Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #227 of 711
Today I have just received the Titanium ones and they are absolutely amazing.
I have tested the open and closed but nothing compared with this new model because the integrated AMP/DSP/DAC.
This small piece of technology integrated in the cable is awesome in amp and quality.
I can not rise the volume more than 60% compared to 80-90 in the other EL8 models.

I am pretty sure that they are a win in portable rig world.
Just your iPhone, your Titanium and you.
Great!

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #228 of 711
I have tested the open and closed but nothing compared with this new model because the integrated AMP/DSP/DAC.
This small piece of technology integrated in the cable is awesome in amp and quality.
I can not rise the volume more than 60% compared to 80-90 in the other EL8 models.

Great!

I am curious if they are going to launch the cable for the current models that people already have. Like to compare vs an additional Dac/Amp for the iphone. Would be nice to not have to carry extra stuff.

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #230 of 711

Great!

Where did you get them from?

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #231 of 711
Anyone heard the titanium with the cipher cable? Interested in thoughts

What's titanium about them? The diaphragm is titanium-coated? Or just titanium colored?

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #233 of 711
In case anyone is considering buying the Audeze carry case for the El-8s......DON'T. It's a terrible fit which will damage your headphones with repeated use. I can't even believe they are selling such a ridiculous product. The design, materials choice and layout were clearly rushed by Audeze to the point it seems this case was bought off the shelf from a random seller who allegedly suited the required dimensions. Poor show for £40.

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #234 of 711
  In case anyone is considering buying the Audeze carry case for the El-8s......DON'T. It's a terrible fit which will damage your headphones with repeated use. I can't even believe they are selling such a ridiculous product. The design, materials choice and layout were clearly rushed by Audeze to the point it seems this case was bought off the shelf from a random seller who allegedly suited the required dimensions. Poor show for £40.

Anyone else care to comment on this. I just got my case in the mail. I thought it was easy as turning the headphones another way?

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #239 of 711
  Anyone else care to comment on this. I just got my case in the mail. I thought it was easy as turning the headphones another way?

No problems.

So have you tried what others suggested? Removing the pads etc?

This still seems like a good suggestion.

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #240 of 711
  So have you tried what others suggested? Removing the pads etc?

Yep I tried all the recommended orientations etc. Of course with some jiggling you'll get them the lid closed but its very tight and definitely not how they should fit if the case was specifically designed for these headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back