Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #151 of 711

I wish I could do it myself but I've long since returned my defective pair and gotten new ones. My defective pair had a huge bump at 2k and 4k

Exactly, I remember trying to Equalize mine and reducing that area of 3.5k-4k (-5db-7db) improved the piercing considerably. Do you mind telling us the serial number range that you have? maybe was in the first Titanium's the issue

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #152 of 711
Don't want to do the serial number, but the date was May 27th

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #153 of 711

Exactly, I remember trying to Equalize mine and reducing that area of 3.5k-4k (-5db-7db) improved the piercing considerably. Do you mind telling us the serial number range that you have? maybe was in the first Titanium's the issue

Mine was also defective with the piercing highs.  Just contact Audeze, they told me I had a defective pair and gave me the latest batch that was made.

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #154 of 711

Still not excited about posting my serial but my replacements were made in May I think

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #155 of 711

Still not excited about posting my serial but my replacements were made in May I think

All right, that helps thank you :) I purchased mine beginning of this year from Apple Store in Miami, so is newer than yours but had the piercing highs issue :frowning2: Two options I see here, it was old stock from Apple, or defect is random on the production line, certain batches has others not.

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #156 of 711
  All right, that helps thank you :) I purchased mine beginning of this year from Apple Store in Miami, so is newer than yours but had the piercing highs issue :frowning2: Two options I see here, it was old stock from Apple, or defect is random on the production line, certain batches has others not.

Third person here who had a defective model from the Apple store. Mine was also bought at the beginning of this year from a Apple Store and they replaced mine no problem.

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #157 of 711
Man, I wonder what the inspection process looks like? My inspector has horrible handwriting, I can't really tell who it is, I want to thank him for doing a great job!

Feb 12, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #159 of 711
LOL, mine had perfect handwriting (almost like computer printed) but bad quality control!​

Wow... My replacement just came in and they just inspected them two days ago. Yup latest batch.
gpBy1xf.jpg

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #161 of 711
How does it sound

The highs are now lower, doesn't hurt my ears :p It says they did hundred hours of pink noise to break it in but I can tell they didn't do that. It sounds too fresh compared to my old ones.

Update: After a few hours, I can tell these they sound 100 times better than my defective pair. Michael Jackson never sounded so good!

Update 2: The thack, thack sticky type of physical noise is now appearing on my left earcup. Maybe I didn't notice before? :frowning2:

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #162 of 711
  The highs are now lower, doesn't hurt my ears :p It says they did hundred hours of pink noise to break it in but I can tell they didn't do that. It sounds too fresh compared to my old ones.

Update: After a few hours, I can tell these they sound 100 times better than my defective pair. Michael Jackson never sounded so good!

Oh man, I'm so glad you returned the defective pair because too many guys keep them and complain..........or get a refund thinking that's the way they sound. 

Now the fun begins!

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #163 of 711

Oh man, I'm so glad you returned the defective pair because too many guys keep them and complain..........or get a refund thinking that's the way they sound. 

Now the fun begins!

Well... The thack, thack sticky type of physical noise is now appearing on my left earcup. Maybe I didn't notice before? :frowning2: I don't think it matters which batch you get, there will be defective ones.

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #164 of 711
Feb 14, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #165 of 711
  Well... The thack, thack sticky type of physical noise is now appearing on my left earcup. Maybe I didn't notice before? :frowning2: I don't think it matters which batch you get, there will be defective ones.

My first pair had that issue on both earcups, but the noise is when playing music or only when you push them in/out wearing them? In my case only when pushing them in/out, is like the air movement inside the headphone caused that thack thack sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back