ATH-W1000X Thread!
May 16, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #31 of 1,994
Well my concerto has been here for alitle while and my exams are done monday!! I will post some detailed impressions with the concerto and compare it to the D7000. 

How is everyone else finding their W1000X so farÉ I hope it is even better than day 1!!

May 16, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #32 of 1,994

Quote:
Bought them without even trying (didn´t have a chance to) and not regretting. Very comfy and pretty phones with pleasing sound with the music I listen to the most. Thank you Audio-Technica!

Where did you buy yours? I can't them anywhere in EU

May 16, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #34 of 1,994
In the UK, you could get it from AT own website. Not cheap (£649) but you do get warranty and also I think you have 2 weeks to return the goods if you don't like it (please check their website for detail). Here is the link:

http://www.atheadphones.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_45&product_id=99

You might be able to get it for lower price with their UK dealers, like Henley Designs etc. http://www.henleydesigns.co.uk/portal.asp

There are also other internet shops in UK where you could find them, but I am not sure they are authorised dealer though. Best to contact AT and also the shop in question to confirm this. An example of internet shop that sell W1000X is (no idea whether they are any good or not):
http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones/24440/Audio+Technica+ATH-W1000X+Grandioso.htm

May 29, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #35 of 1,994
very interested in comparo with d7000 on concerto(my intended next purchase)

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #36 of 1,994
I'm really considering these headphones as my next purchase. Does anyone on this thread think the w1000x can perform decently when driven by a portable amplifier, such as the Meier-Audio Corda Headsix?
Thanks

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #37 of 1,994
How is the bass? I need something bassier than HD600 and these look very appealing.

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #38 of 1,994

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you tell your significant other how closed these are?
biggrin.gif

Haha, yes she was rejoiced to see a closed pair of headphones finally! She is actually wearing them herself right now listening to Lady Gaga (at least she's listening to it out of my vinyl rig, so that gives her a little cred.
happy_face1.gif
).

I haven't had enough time with these phones yet, but I'm very pleased with the way they sound out of the box...a very easy and effortless sound that I can imagine a lot of people liking. I remember when first trying the Denon D5000s, the muddiness of the bass really bothered me and I really felt a need to do something to them to improve them. I feel like a lot of people aren't that happy with stock Denons, since most people fiddle with new pads, more dampening, etc. which I feel shows something significantly flawed for a new headphone. The W1000X on the other hand are really amazing for a sub $500 headphone, with what seems to be great bass (not over the top), extended highs, and nice forward mids (which is something I actually really like about AT sound).

Just curious... Where are you finding these for under $500?

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #39 of 1,994

Quote:
I'm really considering these headphones as my next purchase. Does anyone on this thread think the w1000x can perform decently when driven by a portable amplifier, such as the Meier-Audio Corda Headsix?
Thanks

Yes, that is what I used them with before ordering my concerto. They work very well with the headsix.

Quote:
How is the bass? I need something bassier than HD600 and these look very appealing.

Bass is a fair bit punchier than the HD 600 and goes lower. There is however a bigger mid bass hump and the treble perhaps has a bit more sparkle to it. But as far as being bassier and not too far off the sound of an HD 600, you would probably be happy.

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #40 of 1,994
Thanks for your input sokolov. Where did you buy yours if you don't mind me asking mate?

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #41 of 1,994

Quote:
Thanks for your input sokolov. Where did you buy yours if you don't mind me asking mate?

I got mine used off ebay for a very decent price. They were brand new too.. So unfortunately I cannot recommend a place to buy them. Although, PriceJapan has the best pricing I am aware of. 

Goodluck

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #42 of 1,994

Quote:
I got mine used off ebay for a very decent price. They were brand new too.. So unfortunately I cannot recommend a place to buy them. Although, PriceJapan has the best pricing I am aware of. 

Goodluck

I think he's right. I've been looking all over the place and it seems the cheapest place is PriceJapan.com.. The only thing that sucks about ordering from them is that they charge you 3% for paypal, which in the case of the W1000x is an extra $20.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #43 of 1,994

It does suck, but 3% is the going rate for international transfers, and if it is not honestly declared like with PriceJapan, it is quietly added to the price anyways... still a bit of a bummer though!
Quote:

I think he's right. I've been looking all over the place and it seems the cheapest place is PriceJapan.com.. The only thing that sucks about ordering from them is that they charge you 3% for paypal, which in the case of the W1000x is an extra $20.

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #44 of 1,994

Quote:
Yes, that is what I used them with before ordering my concerto. They work very well with the headsix.

That's very nice to hear; could you comment on what you noticed was different/improved when amping the w1000x through your newly acquired concerto?
I look forward to your response.

Jun 7, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #45 of 1,994
I've actually never ordered anything from out of the country like this before, but I wonder if I would have to pay import fee's/customs fees if I order them from PriceJapan.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back