Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #3,901 of 3,968
Apr 1, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #3,904 of 3,968
No . Why ?
Because you are/were one of the biggest fans of the product.

Come on, lighten up a little and show some sense of humor.

And good luck with the sale.

I still love mine. It’s still out for repair due to the DAR issue and I’m getting impatient. I hope I get it back soon, I miss it.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #3,905 of 3,968

I still love mine. It’s still out for repair due to the DAR issue and I’m getting impatient. I hope I get it back soon, I miss it.
I'm still a big fan. The sale is only to finance the purchase of another DAP, and I don't want to have three Daps . However, it is a painful choice. It's silver

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 1, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #3,906 of 3,968

Hi @MatW, what kind of issue did you have?
Hope you will get your device soon.
The customer support is the only thing making me to think twice before buying the next A&K device.
It has to get better in the future.

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #3,907 of 3,968
Hi @MatW, what kind of issue did you have?
Hope you will get your device soon.
The customer support is the only thing making me to think twice before buying the next A&K device.
It has to get better in the future.
The DAR did not work on my device. I never tried it in the first few weeks of ownership so I did not find out until I finally tried it. When I activated it I heard nothing (PCM) or static (DSD).

Yes, the quality and speed of service can make or break brand loyalty. So far in this hobby I haven’t had many issues with repairs. My Ferrum OOR needed service twice and on both occasions I had it back from Poland within a week, with shipping cost paid for both ways, as one of their early customers. That kind of service breeds loyalty. AK does not have a good reputation in this regard, but at least my device is being serviced in Germany and not sent to Korea, which has been described in this thread as "the black hole", so there is some hope for a speedy resolution, although it's been almost one month by now.

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #3,908 of 3,968
AK does not have a good reputation in this regard, but at least my device is being serviced in Germany and not sent to Korea, which has been described in this thread as "the black hole", so there is some hope for a speedy resolution, although it's been almost one month by now.
A month is already a bit hefty considering you have paid for a premium product from their highest shelf. If the European support is not able to repair it within such a period of time in my opinion they should slowly think about sending the new one. Hope it will end quickly.
Cheers

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #3,910 of 3,968
I am thinking about getting a 1TB storage card for my SP3000. can I get some advise on which brand/ model to buy which has had the most success with the SP3000 please? I previously used SanDisk for my SP2000 and had no issues with it so I am leaning towards the brand again.

please provide a link to the actual card so that I don't end up buying the wrong thing.

thank you :)

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #3,911 of 3,968
I am thinking about getting a 1TB storage card for my SP3000. can I get some advise on which brand/ model to buy which has had the most success with the SP3000 please? I previously used SanDisk for my SP2000 and had no issues with it so I am leaning towards the brand again.

please provide a link to the actual card so that I don't end up buying the wrong thing.

thank you :)
A&K only recommend SanDisk or Samsung. I’ve only ever used SanDisk in my SP2000 and SP3000 and so can’t really answer your question other than by saying I’ve never had a problem.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #3,912 of 3,968
Quick question... are 2.5mm terminations electrically the same as 4.4mm terminations when using the SP3000. Specifically, if you have a 2.5mm terminated cable is there any benefit on getting a 4.4mm termination of the same cable? I'm purely interesting in electrical/sound quality perspectives, not aesthetics/durability etc. Thanks!

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #3,913 of 3,968
They're the same with a very slight impedance differences. On IEMs that are ultra sensitive and speaker-like impedance load, you will hear the difference between the two plugs but for most IEMs, they'll sound identical

Apr 4, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #3,914 of 3,968
I currently use an Ibasso DX320 but I’m considering the SP3000T. Looks like a similar setup to the SP3000, with a streamlined and locked down Android OS. On my DX320 I use PowerAMP, which makes importing/exporting playlists to and from my PC and other android DAPs very easy. I can even use Notepad++ and a few find and replace commands to use the playlists in MediaMonkey. I’m not going to switch to A&K unless there is a relatively easy way to use the playlists that I’ve curated over the last 20+ years.

I did a search in this thread for “playlist” and “import/export” but didn’t see an answer.

Can anyone answer or point me to resources?

I don’t want to buy and return or resell to find out.

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #3,915 of 3,968
Recently bought an SP3000 copper with the A&K Pathfinder special offer. Love both but looking for some help...

1/ I ran a SanDisk 1TB SD card with my old SP1000 without issues. Put it straight in the SP3000, worked for a while, but then boot looped. Formatted the card inside the SP3000, reloaded FLACs and after a few days boot looping again. I've added a few FLACs to the card since - any ideas?

2/ I run the A&K Pathfinders via the 4.4mm connection. I'm convinced that I'm getting some kind of voltage leak from them as I get a live tingling sensation in my ears? Am I crazy? Doesn't happen with my Sennheiser HD800S connected. I'm normally using an Apple MacBook Air M2 when it happens. Is there some kind of weird grounding going on? (Now I feel like I'm rambling like I'm crazy)
I use a s/s SP 3000 with Pathfinders and have never experienced this, FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back