Astell&Kern A&Ultima SP2000T Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #706 of 756
Is anyone else experiencing a slow/sluggish OS speed from the SP2kT? Definitely feel like the player should output a speed close to a 60hz refresh rate but basic navigation feels really slow on it despite not using up too much storage space at all. Any help on speeding it up would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #707 of 756
Is anyone else experiencing a slow/sluggish OS speed from the SP2kT? Definitely feel like the player should output a speed close to a 60hz refresh rate but basic navigation feels really slow on it despite not using up too much storage space at all. Any help on speeding it up would be greatly appreciated
It certainly doesn’t respond as quickly as a flagship smartphone. Responsiveness feels like an old android phone (which it probably has the processing power of)

Nov 28, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #708 of 756
"Really slow" is relative. It's not a new iPhone. It runs on an older Android system. That said, I have no trouble using it, navigating through it, doing things with it. I bought it to listen to music, not to run through it like one of my students using his or her phone in my classroom.

You could try rebooting and see if that helps. You could check and see if you have tagging issues, which in my experience OFTEN create problems. Many folks here on other threads complained about DAP problems that came down to bad tagging making the player either freeze or slow down.

If you need help with tagging apps, post back.

Nov 28, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #709 of 756
"Really slow" is relative. It's not a new iPhone. It runs on an older Android system. That said, I have no trouble using it, navigating through it, doing things with it. I bought it to listen to music, not to run through it like one of my students using his or her phone in my classroom.

You could try rebooting and see if that helps. You could check and see if you have tagging issues, which in my experience OFTEN create problems. Many folks here on other threads complained about DAP problems that came down to bad tagging making the player either freeze or slow down.

If you need help with tagging apps, post back.
Hey there, could you let me know more about what you mean by tagging related issues? Not heard of it before and would like to diagnose and see if it fixes anything.

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #710 of 756
Tagging lets the player sort the files. If tagging is not correct the player can't find a file, or puts it in the wrong place, or simply barfs if a file is incompatible.

Like so- click on images to see them full.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 6.40.09 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 6.40.09 AM.png
    945.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 6.41.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 6.41.22 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #717 of 756
My sp2000t just came in. Got it plus a black case for under 1800 new from a&K. fell in love with it about a year ago. Kinda wish I could have compared it to the se300, but I'm sure I would still have preferred the tube aspect of this over the r2r of the se300. Right now it is charging and syncing my 1.5tb sd card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back