Apple Music HiFi
Aug 7, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #61 of 98
Has anyone else been dealing with Apple music volume issues? Many times if I start playing music for the first time or if I pause the music and resume play, the volume level somehow increases around say 20% before reducing volume again after 5-10 seconds or so. This has been happening for a good 3-5 months. I'm on Monterey 12.3.1, no clue where I was when it actually started happening.

I've googled and see that a good amount of users have complained about it on the apple FAQ forums but it seems like there's no work around. Wondering if anyone here has found a way to prevent it. If I can't find a fix, I think I'll have to move away from Apple music, as it's too much of a risk with my vintage headphones. I mainly use Apple music due to the amount of lossless local files I ported over a long time ago and all of the apple devices I have. Would be a bummer to have to drop it entirely.

Aug 10, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #62 of 98
Bumping this thread for those who listens to Apple Music on their Macs. As you know you have to switch the sample rate manually for each song (if they are different), I found this on GitHub. App works like a charm and automatically switches sample rate. Do support him by donating if you can!

Check it out here!

(I am not affiliated to him by any means, just sharing what I found as it solves my main gripe about playing on Macs, lol)

Aug 14, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #63 of 98
YEAAAAHHHH
Bumping this thread for those who listens to Apple Music on their Macs. As you know you have to switch the sample rate manually for each song (if they are different), I found this on GitHub. App works like a charm and automatically switches sample rate. Do support him by donating if you can!

Check it out here!

(I am not affiliated to him by any means, just sharing what I found as it solves my main gripe about playing on Macs, lol)
Thank you so much. Works perfect!

Aug 15, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #64 of 98
Amazon music sounds better to my ears over Apple Music. Using the gear on my profile and also with iPhone 12 Pro Max with AirPods Pro and AirPods max.

Oct 9, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #65 of 98
Been using Apple Music for a few months, I hated the meat-spin experience of Tidal and how expensive Rap oriented it is.

Tempted to give Amazon Music a try, and bundle in all the Prime Video ect along with it.

Apple Music, its a pop music for the masses, would be fun to see more non red-book albums.

Issues with Apple Music is, its seems quite region locked, so if you look up Japanese Music, you get nothing.

How is Amazon Music with region blocking ?

Oct 10, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #66 of 98

Check it out here!

I had to use the latest beta build for the latest MacOS on MBP M1 Pro. Works very well!

Oct 13, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #67 of 98
Been using Apple Music for a few months, I hated the meat-spin experience of Tidal and how expensive Rap oriented it is.

Tempted to give Amazon Music a try, and bundle in all the Prime Video ect along with it.

Apple Music, its a pop music for the masses, would be fun to see more non red-book albums.

Issues with Apple Music is, its seems quite region locked, so if you look up Japanese Music, you get nothing.

How is Amazon Music with region blocking ?
Can't you like / save / favorite a bunch of tracks or albums and get recommendations? Apple sucks pretty hard compared to Tidal or Spotify, but it should give you some recommendations based on your listening and liking history. I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to Amazon Music delivering a superior experience to the aforementioned three in any regard.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #68 of 98
I like Amazon Music and I do feel the sound quality is slightly better than Apple Music although the Apple Music UI (on iOS) is more friendly and easier to use. The problem with Amazon Music is that the music stops randomly when using AirPlay.

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #69 of 98

Check it out here!

For those looking to stream apple music, the latest OS and a iPad (with USB-C) does auto change sample rate automatically. Here is hoping apple builds the feature into MacOS.

Dec 6, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #71 of 98
so i just got the chord mojo 2 and have it hooked up to the IPAD Pro running IOS 16.1.1. When I play any song in the Apple Music, the resolution does not change on the Mojo 2. It only shows 44khz for all Hi Rez songs in the Apple Music. I have the Apple Music set to Hi Rez in settings for Apple Music. Any thoughts what might be going on here? I am using the standard USB C cable I got with the IPAD Pro. I thought the resolution change was seemless on the IPAD/IOS.

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #72 of 98
I
so i just got the chord mojo 2 and have it hooked up to the IPAD Pro running IOS 16.1.1. When I play any song in the Apple Music, the resolution does not change on the Mojo 2. It only shows 44khz for all Hi Rez songs in the Apple Music. I have the Apple Music set to Hi Rez in settings for Apple Music. Any thoughts what might be going on here? I am using the standard USB C cable I got with the IPAD Pro. I thought the resolution change was seemless on the IPAD/IOS.
I don’t have the Mojo 2, I have a Chord Dave which also shows the sampling rate and I use an iPad Pro running 16.1.1 and the sampling rate changes correctly. The only thing I can think of is you’re playing music labelled lossless which (I think) is always 16/44khz. Try a search for Hi-rez lossless, there are actual hi-Rez lossless playlists and see if any of those changes the Mojos lights.

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #73 of 98
make sure you have Hi-Res Lossless enabled in setting. If only Lossless enabled then you are limited to 48Khz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back