Anyone hear play an instrument or sing?
Jun 2, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sing terribly.

But I've played the clarinet over 25 years now and have a deep love for the bass clarinet. Spent years marching with a sousaphone, as well. If I had the room, I'd pick up another tuba to fool around with.

I sing terribly too, but get paid for it. Amazing.
tongue.gif

Ian

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #17 of 40
I've been playing drums / percussion for 22 years now. I have a music performance BA degree from a state univeristy, and an associates in music education from a local community college. I currently play drums in an upcoming band called VeipaCray (hence the screen name).

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #19 of 40
I play:

guitar (classical, acoustic, electric)
bass (upright and electric)
piano (and other keyboarded instruments, I suppose)
trumpet

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #20 of 40
I used to sing in a little band. I play piano and have played guitar for 15 years. Me...

n715411933_217439_3246.jpg

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #22 of 40
8 years of Euphonium
1.5 years of guitar
2 weeks of trombone
Whole life of singing offkey.....
Priceless

Jun 2, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #24 of 40
Clarinet and Piano (mainly for music theory). I still love the Clarinet but find it difficult to pick up these days as it pains me to hear myself now
frown.gif
. Perhaps I can find the time one day to give it a serious go at getting back to a comfortable level (the point at which I would play in public again). I still enjoy keyboards but do not claim any skill.

Jun 2, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #26 of 40
I sing. Everyone else tells me to shut up, but words won't bring me down...

I played the Violin for 13 years (taking a break), and Guitar for 7. I can play most other stringed instruments, but I'm not very skilled with the Cello.

Jun 2, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #27 of 40
Does Karaoke count??

If not, I play acoustic/electronic guitar and a little bit of air drum. I'm planning to learn some keyboards.

Jun 3, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #28 of 40
I have been playing trombone for almost 10 years now. I also play all of the other low-brass instruments including tuba, euphonium, and baritone. I can also play trumpet, and sing alright.
biggrin.gif

I do have perfect pitch however, which makes playing something I hear really easy.

Jun 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #30 of 40
Music is my job, career, and life passion. I play a number of instruments (percussion of all kinds with a focus on drum set, Hindustani percussion, and vibraphones, clarinets of all kinds, saxophones of all kinds, upright bass) and am also extremely involved in electronic music (I am very interested in live-coding with SuperCollider and other algorithmic synthesis methods).

I'm seeking my doctorate degree currently in the study of audio, acoustical engineering, and electronic synthesis. I don't want to give too much more away, but I work with a lot of big names from the Downtown Avant-Garde scene in New York City and currently manage a production company, a performance space, and have released several albums under my own name, along with being the sideman on numerous other releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back