Android phones and USB DACs
Nov 9, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #8,493 of 9,526
Nov 9, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #8,494 of 9,526
I have issue with dac. I own a OnePlus 3 and the fiio q1. I bought from ebay USB-C to micro USB cable so I'm good from cables. Tried the USB check tool and all good. When I try to play something. The audio app gets really laggy and the only thing that I hear is a little buzz every 2 secs. Any ideas?
*CHG is on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #8,495 of 9,526
Try HibyMusic (free) or USB Audio Player Pro

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #8,497 of 9,526
Works with hiby but what if I want to listen from Spotify? :/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
don't connect the DAC to the application when you plug it in. As long as you're on Lollipop or above, the system audio will be routed through the DAC.

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #8,498 of 9,526
don't connect the DAC to the application when you plug it in. As long as you're on Lollipop or above, the system audio will be routed through the DAC.

Things are a lot more complicated than that in my experience.

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #8,499 of 9,526

Correct in theory but in practice different combinations of devices will produce different results and not every USB audio device will wirk with every Android device even if it should.

Best bet is to find someone who is using the exact setup you want to use and confirm that it works in the real world.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #8,500 of 9,526
I'm trying to use a DEnon DA-10 out of my HTC 10. Got cables from Amazon that say they are otg (though they look like usb c to usb cables). Have USB audio Pro enabled. Connected them, sound came out of the phone speaker, not sure what to do next. (Had the HTC M8 before, never could get it to play through an external DAC).
Thanks for any help.

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #8,501 of 9,526
I'm trying to use a DEnon DA-10 out of my HTC 10. Got cables from Amazon that say they are otg (though they look like usb c to usb cables). Have USB audio Pro enabled. Connected them, sound came out of the phone speaker, not sure what to do next. (Had the HTC M8 before, never could get it to play through an external DAC).
Thanks for any help.

If you've got the DAC plugged in and when you turn it on the Android system doesn't (or didn't at least once) ask you whether you want it to always start UAPP when that DAC is connected, you probably don't have the right kind of cables - the device isn't even being detected.

If Android does detect the device and (offer to) automatically start UAPP for it but the music still doesn't play through it, then maybe take a look at these settings: http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/8475#post_12984140

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #8,502 of 9,526
It completely ignored the dac. Not sure about the cable, searched otg for USB c on Amazon, it says it is, but it disagree look like the otg cables I used (unsuccessfully) for my HTC One M8. Anyone know one that works?

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #8,503 of 9,526
It completely ignored the dac. Not sure about the cable, searched otg for USB c on Amazon, it says it is, but it disagree look like the otg cables I used (unsuccessfully) for my HTC One M8. Anyone know one that works?

It's been discussed a bit in the Oppo HA-2 thread. This seems to be the specific solution for the HTC 10 (though I think it's more generally applicable): http://www.head-fi.org/t/755879/oppo-ha-2-portable-headphone-amplifier-dac-discussion-thread/3630#post_12839975

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #8,504 of 9,526
I would very much like to to enable my LG G3 to use a Dragonfly USB DAC for listening in my car (I use Phiaton NC220s for Aptx bluetooth headphone listening, and it is great), but I downloaded USB Host Check to see whether my phone was host support-enabled, but it is not. Is there a software workaround for this?

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #8,505 of 9,526
  I would very much like to to enable my LG G3 to use a Dragonfly USB DAC for listening in my car (I use Phiaton NC220s for Aptx bluetooth headphone listening, and it is great), but I downloaded USB Host Check to see whether my phone was host support-enabled, but it is not. Is there a software workaround for this?

The G3 works fine with UAPP at least. USB host check does not always give the correct answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back