Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Aug 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #1,547 of 3,813
Yep, thats the charger I got with mine.

He did say in a message to me yesterday he is trying to find a better unit though to be fair I have had no problems with mine and I suppose when I move back to Europe I can easily solder on an EU plug!

Congrats on the amp Anak, what tubes are in that one? Can't quite make them out!

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #1,548 of 3,813
Yep, thats the charger I got with mine.

He did say in a message to me yesterday he is trying to find a better unit though to be fair I have had no problems with mine and I suppose when I move back to Europe I can easily solder on an EU plug!

Congrats on the amp Anak, what tubes are in that one? Can't quite make them out!

Thanks!! Sylvania tubes :)

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,549 of 3,813
Thought they were by the black lettering, probably mil-spec in that case, excellent sounding tubes, I have a pair!

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #1,552 of 3,813
So the one out of the amp is the set you purchased or from the amp? Those are the same as I have got.

It is quite common for small tube amp manufactures that use NOS tubes to change them about due to the nature of finding enough stock. He probably ran out of the stock combo I got but to be honest the new owners are benefitting as the ones he seems to be fitting now are IMHO much superior as they are mil spec and thus made to much better standards. If I had the stock tubes you have I would not have done as much tube rolling, I have a very high regard for the US made Mil spec tubes.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #1,553 of 3,813
Yes that is correct. I've not put any of my tubes in yet. Funnily this TUR-06 is not as bassy as I remembered. Guessing that I had different tubes with the demo.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #1,554 of 3,813
Congratulations AnakChan...

Just in time for your holidays!!!  Great news for you. Have fun with it
size]

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #1,555 of 3,813
Also remember the tubes do alter with burn in. Give them 20 hours and you should see some difference. Also, being familiar with the stock Sylvania's they were a little warmer than the mil-spec ones. If these don't get near the bass you experienced with the non mil spec sylvanias then I would recommend a pair of Mullards. Not only will they give you more bass but also a more refined and detailed sound.

I can vouch for this seller, I got mine from him.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DF91-MULLARD-1T4-TUBE-VALVE-NOS-1-PC-/220314115574?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Valves_Vacuum_Tubes&hash=item334bbe9df6&_uhb=1

These do need a good 20 hours on them to settle down but they are deeply impressive tubes I feel.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #1,556 of 3,813
Quote:
okay, made an adaptor for the power supply, everything is working, my amp just sat down for dinner and is just being charged.

the main power supply provides 12 volts, but inside the car adaptor is another voltage regulator, so the

inner side of the jack connected to the amp is the plus pole (+), BUT THE OUTPUT IS 8.5 VOLT.

so NEVER connect any 12 volt power supply directly to the amp !!!

Some details about the AC adaptor i posted some time ago.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #1,557 of 3,813
Quote:
Also remember the tubes do alter with burn in. Give them 20 hours and you should see some difference. Also, being familiar with the stock Sylvania's they were a little warmer than the mil-spec ones. If these don't get near the bass you experienced with the non mil spec sylvanias then I would recommend a pair of Mullards. Not only will they give you more bass but also a more refined and detailed sound.

I can vouch for this seller, I got mine from him.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DF91-MULLARD-1T4-TUBE-VALVE-NOS-1-PC-/220314115574?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Valves_Vacuum_Tubes&hash=item334bbe9df6&_uhb=1

These do need a good 20 hours on them to settle down but they are deeply impressive tubes I feel.

bought four mullards!

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #1,559 of 3,813
GG! Outstanding. I hope you enjoy them. I was mixed about them until I had a good number of hours on them and now they have become one of my favourite DF91 tubes, they so benefit burn in though to do them full justice!

Rather frustratingly I had the Raytheons arrive today but nothing to plug them in to! Still, hopefully not long before it is back and it will have a new playmate to play with when it does come back, More on that later... :wink:

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #1,560 of 3,813
I don't think I have seen such clear and sharp printing on NOS tube glass before, can't wait to listen to them!

Oh yes, the "T" on the left one is not faded, its just the sun shining brightly on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back