An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Dec 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #1,261 of 9,499
I'm guessing those newer cars also have airbags too. :p

Nice that they'll swap the rims for you.

Yep.

Well, not so much "nice", as it's a condition of the trade. I'm not paying for those again, they're too bloody expensive. Also my tires are better than the OEM Bridgestones.

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #1,263 of 9,499
True that. I've never liked Bridgestones, Michelin and Pirelli for me.

Projects... I've been looking at projects. Here's one: http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfinder-online-auto-auctions/lot/28769532/COPART_1956_PORSCHE_SPEEDSTER_CERT_OF_TITLE-SALVAGE_FLOOD_GLASSBORO_EAST_NJ/

I think my garage can fix this for less than what they think. That's quite a nice little ride. The problem is, my wife has said "no more cars", I told her, "it isn't a car, it's a project", somehow that didn't get very much traction. lol :D Part of the problem is I have too much time on my hands, but that's likely to change pretty soon. Frankly, I'm thinking about this car as a potential flip. It's right up my mechanic's alley, he's brilliant with older Vdubs and Porsches. One of his Karmann Ghia restos won a national award. I sent the link to him to see what he thinks.

Another possibility: http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfinder-online-auto-auctions/lot/26350342/COPART_2010_LAMBORGHINI_GALLARDO_S_SALVAGE_CERTIFICATE_MARTINEZ_CA

Went and picked up the new Carrera S, the whole process took ~an hour and a half. I don't know what I was thinking before with that PDK AT, this manual is pure badassery. It's perfectly smooth and precise with a clutch that doesn't abuse an old guy's knee. The voice recognition really sucks, though. I was told it will improve as it learns my speech patterns, Southern Hillbilly must be difficult for it to master. :p All in all, it's what a 911 should be.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #1,265 of 9,499
Meh, the VR is for the satnav and non-critical stuff, it's just a toy that came with it. I don't really care if it's there or not.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #1,266 of 9,499
Quote:
True that. I've never liked Bridgestones, Michelin and Pirelli for me.
Projects... I've been looking at projects. Here's one: http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfinder-online-auto-auctions/lot/28769532/COPART_1956_PORSCHE_SPEEDSTER_CERT_OF_TITLE-SALVAGE_FLOOD_GLASSBORO_EAST_NJ/
I think my garage can fix this for less than what they think. That's quite a nice little ride. The problem is, my wife has said "no more cars", I told her, "it isn't a car, it's a project", somehow that didn't get very much traction. lol
biggrin.gif
Part of the problem is I have too much time on my hands, but that's likely to change pretty soon. Frankly, I'm thinking about this car as a potential flip. It's right up my mechanic's alley, he's brilliant with older Vdubs and Porsches. One of his Karmann Ghia restos won a national award. I sent the link to him to see what he thinks.
Another possibility: http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfinder-online-auto-auctions/lot/26350342/COPART_2010_LAMBORGHINI_GALLARDO_S_SALVAGE_CERTIFICATE_MARTINEZ_CA
Went and picked up the new Carrera S, the whole process took ~an hour and a half. I don't know what I was thinking before with that PDK AT, this manual is pure badassery. It's perfectly smooth and precise with a clutch that doesn't abuse an old guy's knee. The voice recognition really sucks, though. I was told it will improve as it learns my speech patterns, Southern Hillbilly must be difficult for it to master.
tongue.gif
All in all, it's what a 911 should be.

tell her that its a garden ornament.................... That porsche would be worth a lot in a few years time.... 

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #1,267 of 9,499
Meh, the VR is for the satnav and non-critical stuff, it's just a toy that came with it. I don't really care if it's there or not.

What happens if you mutter while driving, or yell at a guy for cutting you off? I figured it wasn't part of the car's essential operation but I'm having visions of Siri and Apple Maps strapped to the car's entertainment system...and not good visions at that. :p

At least it doesn't run Vista though!

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #1,268 of 9,499
Well, AM is discontinuing the Vanquish S changeover program, to go from DSG to a 6-spd stick (for those who want it), and they only have a handful of gearboxes left for that purpose. Hey, it also includes an ECU remap that gives it 35 more HP (like that car needs more HP) and an extra 2-4MPG (a blessing, since it now gets ~12). I guess I'll be driving it to NC this week. They say it can all be done in a day, I have to see this. :blink:

As an aside, I got to drive the 458, by myself finally, and it's... Imagine this big, nasty looking predator, now the twist is that it loves you. It won't hurt you, it'll go out of its way to not harm you. But, if your head somehow ended up in its mouth, you'd still feel scared and get a massive rush of adrenaline. Yeah, a little something like that. If you just tool around in it below 4k RPMs, it's fairly relaxed, but at 5K+ the turbos spool up and that's one hell of a rush. Interesting thing, it and the NSX aren't leagues apart from each other, except in aesthetics.

Oh, and when you wind it out it sounds like two giant, pissed-off bumble bees having sex. :cool:

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #1,269 of 9,499
Quote:
Well, AM is discontinuing the Vanquish S changeover program, to go from DSG to a 6-spd stick (for those who want it), and they only have a handful of gearboxes left for that purpose. Hey, it also includes an ECU remap that gives it 35 more HP (like that car needs more HP) and an extra 2-4MPG (a blessing, since it now gets ~12). I guess I'll be driving it to NC this week. They say it can all be done in a day, I have to see this.
blink.gif

As an aside, I got to drive the 458, by myself finally, and it's... Imagine this big, nasty looking predator, now the twist is that it loves you. It won't hurt you, it'll go out of its way to not harm you, but if your head somehow ended up in its mouth, you'd still feel a little uneasy and get a massive rush of adrenaline. Yeah, a little something like that.
Oh, and when you wind it out it sounds like two giant, pissed-off bumble bees having sex.
cool.gif

Have you gone grocery shopping with the 458? 

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #1,270 of 9,499
Quote:
Well, AM is discontinuing the Vanquish S changeover program, to go from DSG to a 6-spd stick (for those who want it), and they only have a handful of gearboxes left for that purpose. Hey, it also includes an ECU remap that gives it 35 more HP (like that car needs more HP) and an extra 2-4MPG (a blessing, since it now gets ~12). I guess I'll be driving it to NC this week. They say it can all be done in a day, I have to see this.
blink.gif

Taking the fam?  Bet Emma's never seen NC before.  How is the little princess btw?  She's so adorable!

Quote:
Oh, and when you wind it out it sounds like two giant, pissed-off bumble bees having sex.
cool.gif

Okay, if you say so.  Bee pr0n just isn't my thing... 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #1,271 of 9,499
Dec 13, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #1,272 of 9,499
Taking the fam?  Bet Emma's never seen NC before.  How is the little princess btw?  She's so adorable!

Okay, if you say so.  Bee pr0n just isn't my thing...  :D

Nah, going alone, it'll be a nice day trip by myself. I want to watch the process, and I don't think my wife can handle sitting around for 12 hours.

The baby's fine, she's a very happy kid, ATC. She's getting along well with our puppy, the new Papillon, those dogs are great with children. I'm thinking they'll end up forming a strong bond.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #1,273 of 9,499
Quote:
The baby's fine, she's a very happy kid, ATC. She's getting along well with our puppy, the new Papillon, those dogs are great with children. I'm thinking they'll end up forming a strong bond.

I can totally picture the puppy licking her face, and her trying to hug it.  All accompanied by lots of panting and giggling.  Good times...
smile.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #1,274 of 9,499
Frak... I know TG secrets but I promised not to say anything. :frowning2: Well, this next series is going to be something else, a bit of a return to insanity.

I can totally picture the puppy licking her face, and her trying to hug it.  All accompanied by lots of panting and giggling.  Good times... :smile:

They have lots of fun, then the puppy knocks her over and she cries. :rolleyes: She isn't hurt, just surprised.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #1,275 of 9,499
I'm sure the Pappy is very happy to have something that he can knock over.

Hmm - I see a future where Magick has a "secret garage" full of cars that Mrs. Magick doesn't know about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back