An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Sep 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #271 of 9,499
Quote:
RS4 is a maintenance nightmare. I'd stay away.
redface.gif

What about the ~Y2K Thunderbird? Those are peppy, and I've seen them starting to crop up used. New enough that you don't gotta do major re-tooling but sort of classic looking as well. Or a Vector...
wink.gif

Yeah, I've pretty much let the idea of the RS4 go.

I've always like the 2K T-Bird.  But I've heard they can be a little underpowered.  Any thoughts on what would be a doable powerplant swap?

LOL, no Vector.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #273 of 9,499
Yeah, I've pretty much let the idea of the RS4 go.

I've always like the 2K T-Bird.  But I've heard they can be a little underpowered.  Any thoughts on what would be a doable powerplant swap?

LOL, no Vector.

IIRC it's a V8 (wiki says so), but it isn't a huge engine. Wiki says it's a <4.0L Jaguar engine - shared with the Lincoln LS. Doubt you could shove a Mod 4.6 or Windsor 5.0 in there on the cheap, but if you could, you've got substantially more options for insanity. I've never heard good things about going out-of-house on powerplant swaps (like putting Honda engines in Fords or things like that).

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #274 of 9,499
hehehehe.
Also - you just informed what I'm eating for Thanksgiving. I had no idea you could buy those pre-made (they're a mess to make at home). Even if I have to have it ordered in, it's worth it. :D

Damned right you should, turducken is the king of holiday roasted meats. I go to mom's and we have the turducken for Thanksgiving, then they come here on Xmas and we have a Turducken roll and Honeybaked ham. Oh, and if you haven't had turducken sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving, you've not lived. :)

Hey, if we get enough of these Clifford/Sturgeon put-downs, maybe we can have them all bound in time for the holidays!  :D

Clifford is just a sad lonely dude. His wife is a complete witch, his kids hate him, and they all spend money faster than he can hope to make it. He came on to my Mrs, then GF, not long after she moved in, and she not only shot him down, point-blank, she also laughed at him. His toupee is a riot.

But surely you guys observe the candidate for verifications purposes right?

No, my wife knew the girl, so that was good.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #275 of 9,499
Damned right you should, turducken is the king of holiday roasted meats. I go to mom's and we have the turducken for Thanksgiving, then they come here on Xmas and we have a Turducken roll and Honeybaked ham. Oh, and if you haven't had turducken sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving, you've not lived. :)

Son...you're making me hungry. :angry_face:

Clifford is just a sad lonely dude. His wife is a complete witch, his kids hate him, and they all spend money faster than he can hope to make it. He came on to my Mrs, then GF, not long after she moved in, and she not only shot him down, point-blank, she also laughed at him. His toupee is a riot.

He sounds like a stereotype of the average mortgage-rich suburban office warrior; I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #276 of 9,499
Quote:
Throw the corvette c6 into the ring. That's a serious bargain of a car for $50ish k

It is, and I'd easily take that over the Camaro SS even though they share the same powerplant.  The only problem with the C6 is that... Well here in SoCal, it takes a dude with a certain amount of swagger to pull off a C6.  I'm not sure I gots the requisite chest hair for that.

Quote:
IIRC it's a V8 (wiki says so), but it isn't a huge engine. Wiki says it's a <4.0L Jaguar engine - shared with the Lincoln LS. Doubt you could shove a Mod 4.6 or Windsor 5.0 in there on the cheap, but if you could, you've got substantially more options for insanity. I've never heard good things about going out-of-house on powerplant swaps (like putting Honda engines in Fords or things like that).

Yeah but the most I could get would be like 280/286 if I got one of the later ones.  Maybe *maybe" I could get the Mustang's 4.7 V6 in there... but then I'd rather just get the Mustang V6... which brings me back to the Challenger.

Quote:
Damned right you should, turducken is the king of holiday roasted meats. I go to mom's and we have the turducken for Thanksgiving, then they come here on Xmas and we have a Turducken roll and Honeybaked ham. Oh, and if you haven't had turducken sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving, you've not lived.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've never had day-after Turducken...
frown.gif
  I have the feeling I'm missing out on something truly great.

Quote:
Clifford is just a sad lonely dude. His wife is a complete witch, his kids hate him, and they all spend money faster than he can hope to make it. He came on to my Mrs, then GF, not long after she moved in, and she not only shot him down, point-blank, she also laughed at him.

Wait, he's married and came onto his neighbor's live-in girlfriend?  What a ******...

Quote:
His toupee is a riot.

As all toupees are. 
wink.gif
  I don't understand why toupee wearers don't know this. 

Quote:
No, my wife knew the girl, so that was good.

Oh well that makes it easy. 

EDIT:  For the record, the censored word is a feminine hygeine rinse.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #277 of 9,499
So, I'm shopping and if I want a used Ferrari 458, one that isn't dinged, ragged out, or damaged, it will run ~$240,000. Or, I can order new, and they are actually available new for 2013, and pay 270. Really? Defintely no to the Murcielago, big Lambos are a nightmare to maintain. I'm thinking either the 458, the new small Lambo (I think they're going to call it the Cabrera), or the new Vanquish. The new Aston is unreal:

but... I don't think it compares to this.

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #279 of 9,499
Viper? Dodge? No. If it isn't a vintage Dodge, like a `cuda or Roadrunner, I'm not interested.

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #281 of 9,499
Quote:

It is, and I'd easily take that over the Camaro SS even though they share the same powerplant.  The only problem with the C6 is that... Well here in SoCal, it takes a dude with a certain amount of swagger to pull off a C6.  I'm not sure I gots the requisite chest hair for that.

Yeah but the most I could get would be like 280/286 if I got one of the later ones.  Maybe *maybe" I could get the Mustang's 4.7 V6 in there... but then I'd rather just get the Mustang V6... which brings me back to the Challenger.

I've never had day-after Turducken...
frown.gif
  I have the feeling I'm missing out on something truly great.

Wait, he's married and came onto his neighbor's live-in girlfriend?  What a ******...

As all toupees are. 
wink.gif
  I don't understand why toupee wearers don't know this. 

Oh well that makes it easy. 

EDIT:  For the record, the censored word is a feminine hygeine rinse.

Meh, you don't need swagger for a c6, just a love for cars. Besides, there are a lot of guys out there that work on corvettes and vipers..... (my dad's c5 is supercharged and intercooled for a coll 600hp. They dont get much more fun than that, unless you feel the need to drop 100k on a zr1.)

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #283 of 9,499
mmmm, the old src acr was a niiice car... granted, not a very nice car for road trips, but great on the track.

He has a Rolls-Royce coming in the mail (lol), I don't think comfort is a primary consideration with this vehicle. lol.
And yes, that was basically what I was picturing in my head. :cool:

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #284 of 9,499
Hey just real quick, was it the 458 that kept catching on fire?  And if so, did they fix that?

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #285 of 9,499
Quote:
The new Aston is unreal:

but... I don't think it compares to this.

Oh I dunno about that... Going by those pics, I rather like the Aston.

Quote:
Meh, you don't need swagger for a c6, just a love for cars. Besides, there are a lot of guys out there that work on corvettes and vipers..... (my dad's c5 is supercharged and intercooled for a coll 600hp. They dont get much more fun than that, unless you feel the need to drop 100k on a zr1.)

Nah, the ZR-1 would be total overkill for me.  Don't get me wrong, I kinda dig the C6 (jokes about leaf springs and all), but it outclasses me in terms of flair if you know what I mean.

Quote:
He has a Rolls-Royce coming in the mail (lol), I don't think comfort is a primary consideration with this vehicle. lol.
And yes, that was basically what I was picturing in my head.
cool.gif

All I got coming in the mail is mail.  At least for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back