Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Aug 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #781 of 1,285
Hmm..i may get the schiit first then to get a head start.

Oh, and living in america, I'm assuming i need to get the 115v versions, right?

Finally, do i connect the two with RCA cables?

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #782 of 1,285
Quote:
Hmm..i may get the schiit first then to get a head start.

Oh, and living in america, I'm assuming i need to get the 115v versions, right?

Finally, do i connect the two with RCA cables?

Are you talking about the Mjolnir and the Gungnir?  If so "NO".   Use balanced cables.  Here are a few good sites:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=115&cp_id=11509&cs_id=1150902

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/balancedaudio/index.htm

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/interconnects/products/xlr

Aug 5, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #786 of 1,285
Monoprice's are cheaper, but i'm assuming the pyst cables sound better? if not, they're kind of pointless..

I really wish more brick and mortar stores carried audeze. I'm in korea on vacation, and apparently no one carries them because people keep returning the lcd2/3 due to their comfort issues. Living in upstate new york, not a single store from JFK to where i'm from is a normal "store", but rather a company headquarter or a showroom. I don't want to spend any more money on auditioning them via demos, either. 

Of my three headphones, which does the lcd-3 sound like the most? I doubt either have the same sound but....i need some kind of description

Aug 5, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #787 of 1,285
Quote:
Drop downs... drop down :p

basshead.gif

Oh Schiit  - my bad

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #788 of 1,285
Aug 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #790 of 1,285
I've not heard one but Kevin is pretty high on the design putting it right up there beside the GS-X.  I'd love to hear one but they are rare on the For Sale.

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #791 of 1,285
Quote:
Anyone recommend Audio-GD Master 8 for the LCD3 ?  Quality/price

The Master-6 is very good with my LCD2.2. Should be even better with the LCD3's.

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #792 of 1,285
Quote:
I've not heard one but Kevin is pretty high on the design putting it right up there beside the GS-X.  I'd love to hear one but they are rare on the For Sale.

Says a lot really
wink_face.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #794 of 1,285
Quote:
The Master-6 is very good with my LCD2.2. Should be even better with the LCD3's.

I will consider that a leap of faith in choosing Master 8 with LCD-3, as I have read many feedback on amps which work for LCD-2, don't work that well with LCD-3. Anyway, nigeljames is absolutely right that master6/8 is very good with LCD-2 as I had that pairing before. The person who bought over my Master-7 and 8 combi also intends to pair them with LCD-3 too, but the headphones will only arrive in a few months' time.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #795 of 1,285
I will agree it is a lead of faith that the LCD3's will work well with the Master-8.
However if I had to pick one area of concern with my LCD2.2 it is the congested bass. Not a major issue but the the inherent lack of soundstage width with the LCD2.2's means that some recordings with a lot of bass (and the Master-6/8 produces a lot of deep tight bass) can sound quite congested and lacking clarity in the bass area. This is clearly obvious if compared to the HD800's, T1's or HE6's.

As far as I have read this is an area that the LCD3's significantly improve upon, giving an even tighter bass, wider sound stage and more air & space.
So I have a feeling,and it is only a feeling, that the LCD3's could be significantly better still on the Master-6/8.

I hope to find out myself one day but the LCD2.2's still sound so good I have other priorities 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back