Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones?
Nov 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #16 of 27
And you need a third amp to drive your HE-6 phones, of course. Which probably means, if you listen to discs, you need another CD player too, just to add to all this fun.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:
What are some great headphone amps that would work well with WEE + SR-009?

You would have to find a headphone amp that also has speaker level outputs.  The site states that 3 watts is enough to drive Stax headphones "effortlessly".

Depending on my BHSE delivery time I may get an WEE, and try it from my 35 watt PP amp, and the 5 watt KT88 SE amp I plan to build once I finish moving.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Seriously, just do it properly and buy two amps, one 'stat and one dynamic. You'll get much better results than trying to kludge.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #21 of 27
IMO, the most versatile electrostatic amp would have to be a BHSE w/ RK50, with Pro + Normal jacks. Will drive SR-009, OII, etc, plus the array of legacy Normal-bias headphones!

I agree with 2 amps as well. BHSE + GS-X MKII. I recently chose not to go that path though.
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #23 of 27
Trends TA-10 series T-amps (speaker amps) are inexpensive and do a decent job. I used a maxed out 10.1 and SRD7-Pro with a pair of HE60s for a while; decent+ sound.

Plus side: You'll then have a nice little speaker amp after you get a dedicated stat amp. Minus: At the same combined price point, you'll get better detail (and maybe better resale potential) out of a used stat amp.

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #26 of 27
Eddie Current 2A3 + Woo WEE = profit (You don't need high power to drive stats with a WEE, I've done it with a similar.)

I've used the exact same (WEE w/ SR-009) with my Cary SLI-80 F1, it's very "ballsy". HP amp, speaker amp, & stat amp, it does it all, and does it really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back