Amp choices for Stax Omega II
Mar 31, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #46 of 93
Huh... I've always wondered what the hierarchy of Stax phones are... so O1 is the best of the best as far as Stax is concerned? O2 can't really touch it?

Or is it up to personal preference and O1s are just more valuable since they are OOP.

Mar 31, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #47 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh... I've always wondered what the hierarchy of Stax phones are... so O1 is the best of the best as far as Stax is concerned? O2 can't really touch it?

Or is it up to personal preference and O1s are just more valuable since they are OOP.

Personal preference. The HE90, Omega 1, and Omega 2 are all possible entries for best 'stat, it just depends on your tastes.

Mar 31, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #48 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That means stock up on O2s. I wonder if the O2 will ever achieve legendary status like the O1s...

The Omega II sure might get a legendary status.
But most probably not in the same league as the SR-Omega, since they are a lot easier to get a hold of. There were only produced around 400 SR-Omega's, while the Omega II so far have sold in multiple thousands (mine are #71xxx).

Black Omega II's on the other hand.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I say its up to personal preference!
Never heard the SR-Omega, but from what I read they just have a different sound signature. Much like the difference between the Lambda Pro and SR-404...

Mar 31, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #49 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard the OII's with the ES-1 and the Blue Hawaii. Although I did not get to hear them at the same time, they were both incredible with the O11's. The 2 different stax amps I heard them on (Sorry don't remember which models) were mediocre at best IMO.

Some STAX amps and their owners at DFW meets:

SRM-006t - Jeff
SRM-007t - Alex
SRM-1/MK2 - Al

Mar 31, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #50 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Omega II sure might get a legendary status.
But most probably not in the same league as the SR-Omega, since they are a lot easier to get a hold of. There were only produced around 400 SR-Omega's, while the Omega II so far have sold in multiple thousands (mine are #71xxx).

Black Omega II's on the other hand.
wink.gif

I think Stax started the SR-007 in 70xxx but I don't know where they got that number from. Mine are in the low 71xxx and bought in 2003. They have already reached legendary status but they hype will commence the day they are discontinued.

Mar 31, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #52 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Stax started the SR-007 in 70xxx but I don't know where they got that number from. Mine are in the low 71xxx and bought in 2003. They have already reached legendary status but they hype will commence the day they are discontinued.

I'm assuming overseas OII must have a different S/N system because my OII (U.S. version) has a serial # of 12**

Mar 31, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #53 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm assuming overseas OII must have a different S/N system because my OII (U.S. version) has a serial # of 12**

That would be correct. I liked the old Stax system better where the phones S/N were also the lot number as all Lambdas shared the same numeric string. Same with the Sigmas.

Mar 31, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #54 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, that might explain the high serial numbers. I found it strange that they had actually built more than 71000 Omega II's. Mine is a low 71xxx as well, as was bought new (by me) in mid 2006.

With 'legendary' I think of discontinued products, but its fair to say that they have already reached a legendary status. After all the Omega II are renowned to be one of the best sounding headphones ever...
lambda.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #55 of 93
It is likely that the OII has sold just as many, if not more than, the K1000, and as a result we can only speculate how gigantic the markup will be once they're discontinued.

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #56 of 93
I just bought a pair of U.S. Omega IIs last week and the number is in the low 1600s. Did the U.S. model start at zero? By the way, mine are black if that makes any difference.

P.S. I agree that their value will zoom up once they're production run has ceased. Hard to imagine, but they're a bargain now!

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #58 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a pair of U.S. Omega IIs last week and the number is in the low 1600s. Did the U.S. model start at zero? By the way, mine are black if that makes any difference.

I want to welcome you to the Black Omega II club!
lambda.gif

As you understand, I have black Omega II's as well and they are in the low 71xxx range. So the colour don't seem to matter in numbering.

Seems like the US ones started low (probably at 0), while the European ones started at 70000. Strange it is...

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #59 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personal preference. The HE90, Omega 1, and Omega 2 are all possible entries for best 'stat, it just depends on your tastes.

They are all possible entries as is the Jecklin Float, but only the HE-90 would win the category!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #60 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are all possible entries as is the Jecklin Float, but only the HE-90 would win the category!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Well, according to those that have heard or own both the Omega II and the HE90 that is a statement up for discussion. Some prefer the Omega II, and other ones prefer the HE90. Meaning that there are no clear winner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back