Albuquerque, New Mexico meet is on! April 30, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #61 of 83
Since we now have a final venue can we get the power cord length requirements and power strips needed for setup? It may be quite easy to overload a 15 amp circuit if we are not careful. There is quite a lot of gear showing up it seems.
Tony

Apr 24, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #62 of 83
I'm planning on bringing a long orange extension cords and one power strip for me. I recommend you do the same. There are many outlets int he room, but I doubt anyone knows which are connected to the same circuit. If we spread around the room, we can hopefully be hitting a few different circuits and that will not be an issue. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #63 of 83
  New Location! Final change!

Please let me know if you can bring any folding chairs or tables. We should have enough now, but it's good to have back up.

IDSP Space-Port-Pros
3901 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 

No, this is not a lingerie shop, as the photo on Google Maps shows. This is a new software business aimed at musicians, and it's called IDSP Space-Port-Pros. 

Special thanks to Space-Port-Pros for generously hosting this event.

There will be a live music jam session at the Space Port Pros space after the headphone meet!!!

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #64 of 83
I ran into work issues and so I'll need a raincheck. Have a blast gentlemen.

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #65 of 83

New Location! Final change!

Please let me know if you can bring any folding chairs or tables. We should have enough now, but it's good to have back up.

IDSP Space-Port-Pros
3901 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 

No, this is not a lingerie shop, as the photo on Google Maps shows. This is a new software business aimed at musicians, and it's called IDSP Space-Port-Pros. 

Special thanks to Space-Port-Pros for generously hosting this event.

There will be a live music jam session at the Space Port Pros space after the headphone meet!!!

Do you have any info on the live music? 

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #66 of 83
The live music is apparently a regular open mic setup community project. so any of you head-fi folks who are musicians could sign up and play.  contact Dan Garduno at Space Port Pro for additional information on the open mic jam sets. 
Im definitely coming to the meet, helping Ben Z from Mojo-Audio at his set up.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #70 of 83
Still looking good for Saturday! The notice is on the Head-Fi front page again (with the correct date). 

The venue is providing a few tables, and I think I can bring two. @CSdread, I believe you said you could bring one. I think that will get us enough space. I will also bring a few folding chairs. If any of you happen to have any, toss them in your car and bring them. We may not need them, but it can't hurt to have them as a back up. 

Good news for my Liquid Carbon. Mine died :frowning2: so I sent it to Cavalli for repair. They said they are pretty sure they know what's wrong with it, so that is good news. Even better, they are sending me a loaner that will be here on time! We will have a Liquid Carbon at the meet. 

Remember to bring your extension cords and power strips!

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #72 of 83
yes i am bringing a table, a few folding chairs, extra extension cords, and if i can find them extra surge protectors. Is there anything else i can bring?

Sounds great. Nothing that I can think of

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #73 of 83
Hello Folks,

Just a few days away until the meet!

Please remember to bring and extension cord and power strip for you gear. 

See you soon,

Allan

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #74 of 83
  Hello Folks,

Just a few days away until the meet!

Please remember to bring and extension cord and power strip for you gear. 

See you soon,

Allan

got it! bringing Mojo Mystique Dac and Joule II power supply for Mojo Audio table,
and balanced musical fidelity amp and headphones, and maybe some other stuff..
thanks for keeping the meet going Allan..

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #75 of 83
Also, remember that orange extension cords are inherently better sounding than green ones! 
L3000.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back