Albuquerque, New Mexico meet is on! April 30, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #47 of 83
I will be attending as well. I will bring my EML20b based tube amp with a pair of HD-800's. This is shaping up to be a really interesting meet.
Tony

Apr 21, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #48 of 83
  Unless something happens with work, I'll be making it. I won't bring the T2 because it's not done but I have a Carbon available. Along with some Stax phones.

You got a Carbon, where from and who built it can I ask?

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #49 of 83
  Unless something happens with work, I'll be making it. I won't bring the T2 because it's not done but I have a Carbon available. Along with some Stax phones.

I'm probably just confused, but when you say "Carbon", what is that?

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #50 of 83
Apr 21, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #53 of 83

cool! I really look forward to hearing your stuff. I realize a ESP950 will not sound anywhere as nice as the Stax headphones you have, but I have a Koss to Stax converter cable and I would love to compare the little stock Koss amp to a really good amp. Would that be possible? 

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #54 of 83

cool! I really look forward to hearing your stuff. I realize a ESP950 will not sound anywhere as nice as the Stax headphones you have, but I have a Koss to Stax converter cable and I would love to compare the little stock Koss amp to a really good amp. Would that be possible? 

950 can scale a good bit. And yes, of course.

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #57 of 83

Most excellent, I want to build an R2R DAC at some point, even the DIY is still expensive. Though I will never get close to that close-form filter on the Yiggy. Glad other DIY folks are coming to the meet up. I only have a Project Starlight to share so far on my DIY path. Looking to maybe build a gamma 2 next for a DAC.

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #58 of 83

Awesome!

This is getting to be a really cool meet. There's a gentleman from the Santa Fe Audio Society that will likely come and bring a 45 pound DHT SET headphone amp that is supposed to be frickin' awesome.

I believe this is the amp you are talking about!
EML 20B Tube amp with a pair of HD-800's by driguy/Tony. I have heard this amp numerous times and it is very large and quite impressive, l would have to say the finest tube headphone amp I have listened to!

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #59 of 83
We are looking at some space the may be large enough, but we may need to folding tables and folding chairs. I can bring a few. Can anyone else bring any? In the future I'll plan ahead enough to get a library room so this doesn't happen again, especially now that we have a feel for attendance. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #60 of 83
New Location! Final change!

Please let me know if you can bring any folding chairs or tables. We should have enough now, but it's good to have back up.

IDSP Space-Port-Pros
3901 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 

No, this is not a lingerie shop, as the photo on Google Maps shows. This is a new software business aimed at musicians, and it's called IDSP Space-Port-Pros. 

Special thanks to Space-Port-Pros for generously hosting this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back