Albums That You'd Recommend
Oct 16, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #31 of 129
Yeah, it ain't your grandfather's "country music", lol. I probably have almost all of their studio releases and half of their live performances on CD. Many of the studio recodings are done really well, but a few are sub-par compared to the rest as far as the recording and/or mastering quality goes. Which albums do you think sound particularly good (sound quality-wise) on vinyl?

Oct 16, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #32 of 129
Quote:
 Which albums do you think sound particularly good (sound quality-wise) on vinyl?

I do believe grokit that I like the "Classic Records 45RPM special one sided pressing" Lp 4 record set of "The Trinity Session"  The sound is superb, but at my old ass age it seems like as soon as you cue up a side and sit down in your sweet spot you're getting up to change records at that 45RPM speed........Well worth it, IMO....I also have an original copy of "Whites Off Earth Now" on the Latent recordings label....  PS, I emailed Margo Timmins once about the groups titles on Vinyl, and do you believe she wrote me back.....I about Sh--t......too cool... 

Oct 17, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #34 of 129
Quote:

One of my favorite albums from the last couple of years (2008). I would also recommend their first album, Asleep in the Back (2001).

Nice one this.

Oct 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #38 of 129
Best $10.74 (including shipping) I've spent in a while. The SQ is excellent.

ELLIOTT SMITH [Vinyl]

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #40 of 129

"5th Gear" - Brad Paisley, Sony Music, 2007, CD

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #41 of 129
Robert Plant "Band of Joy". It took me a second go around before I really started really enjoying this. What tipped me were the reviews on Amazon.com no less. I used to listen to Led Zepplin in my youth so it is great to re-connect. However, this CD can stand alone. So you don't have to be an ex-long hair to enjoy it
wink.gif
You don't have to be  a LZ fan to enjoy it.

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #42 of 129

Quote:
Robert Plant "Band of Joy". It took me a second go around before I really started really enjoying this. What tipped me were the reviews on Amazon.com no less. I used to listen to Led Zepplin in my youth so it is great to re-connect. However, this CD can stand alone. So you don't have to be an ex-long hair to enjoy it
wink.gif
You don't have to be  a LZ fan to enjoy it.

I havent got that album yet but I really loved his previous one:

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #43 of 129
Oct 23, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #44 of 129
Raising Sand isn't really my cup of tea. I wish it were though as audiophile quality music is such a joy to listen to.

Band Of Joy sounds interesting, will have to pick it up eventually. Plant covering Low is intriguing.

I've been listening to Plant's Dreamland almost religiously lately though. Perhaps one of those albums that rewards patience but so worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back