Albums That You'd Recommend
Oct 14, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #17 of 129
Diamond Eyes (2010).

One of Deftones' best happens to also be there most approachable album.
Very easy to like but gets much deeper as you understand it and listen to it more.

Oct 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #18 of 129
folder.jpg

Daniel Lioneye - Vol II [2010, CD]

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #19 of 129

Quote:
One of my favorite albums from the last couple of years (2008). I would also recommend their first album, Asleep in the Back (2001).

My favorite of Elbow's was actually Leaders of the Free World. (2005/V2)  Especially the last four songs with the climax in the middle of Great Expectations gives me goosebumps every time.  Also like the Live Seldom Seen version better in some ways than the original.  Definitely an underrated band.

Oct 15, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #20 of 129

Quote:

reminds me of N.W.A. mixed with A Tribe Called Quest

Interesting comparison.  I would have never associated Main Source with either of those groups.  To me they had a style and sound all their own.  Neither gangster nor native tongue.  A real shame the group pretty much dissolved after this record dropped.

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #21 of 129
Quote:
Diamond Eyes (2010).

One of Deftones' best happens to also be there most approachable album.
Very easy to like but gets much deeper as you understand it and listen to it more.

Another Diamond Eyes fan! I was blown away by this album, made me happy I finally had something I could put on the same level as White Pony.

Easily approachable album as you say yet it's not like they have changed their sound. More like they have come closer to what they are as a band imo. I'd be really surprised to hear them top this (and quite pleased as well).

beerchug.gif

Edit: I guess I'll add to this thread as well.

Two albums that I've been listening to a lot lately which also seem to be easily approachable yet very solid music anyone should own. The Black Keys - "Magic Potion" and "thickfreakness". If you don't tap your toes to this...
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #22 of 129

Quote:
Quote:

Another Diamond Eyes fan! I was blown away by this album, made me happy I finally had something I could put on the same level as White Pony.

Easily approachable album as you say yet it's not like they have changed their sound. More like they have come closer to what they are as a band imo. I'd be really surprised to hear them top this (and quite pleased as well).

beerchug.gif

Edit: I guess I'll add to this thread as well.

Two albums that I've been listening to a lot lately which also seem to be easily approachable yet very solid music anyone should own. The Black Keys - "Magic Potion" and "thickfreakness". If you don't tap your toes to this...
biggrin.gif

Not just a Diamond Eyes fan but a Deftones fan. Have their whole discography along with Team Sleep.
biggrin.gif

Speaking of The Black Keys I can also recommend their album Brothers which was released this year. Another great album of 2010.

Oct 15, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #23 of 129
I like this album. It has some of Ray Charles' best renditions.

"Ray Sings, Basie Swings": Concord; 2006; CD

Oct 15, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #24 of 129

Quote:

Interesting comparison.  I would have never associated Main Source with either of those groups.  To me they had a style and sound all their own.  Neither gangster nor native tongue.  A real shame the group pretty much dissolved after this record dropped.

I get where your coming from... i just tend to compare new groups to ones I have heard before and couldn't really put a tongue on it so I had to mix both of them.  Full agree on a style of their own.. really dug it though.

Oct 15, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #25 of 129
This is a (basic) list of newish albums, every single one of them is worth your time. Clicky to go to their amazon page.
(maybe should have linked to discogs or something, or well...)

The following are a bit difficult at first, but offer an immense payback:

Oct 16, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #29 of 129

I can't imagine anyone not finding something to like here.

Oct 16, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #30 of 129
Quote:

I can't imagine anyone not finding something to like here.

grokit, You Got That Right!  Some might think this "classic is to SLOW"  but for me, after seeing them do most of these songs live, I listen to this group differently now.....The guitars, percussion nothing fancy, But very well placed in the tunes.......You should hear the Vinyl LPs, this groups released........Hauntingly Good! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back