AKG Q701 questions?
Jun 15, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #64 of 212
@obob
How do you wear them properly? That seems to be the only way to wear them, but then again, I didnt get any info sheets with mine

Have you ever had MDR-SA5000s? (Or tried them?). Just like with those, you tilt the headband back towards the rear of your head - instead of over the very top part of your head. It changes where the headband presses on your noggin. Looks a little dorky, but it makes them super comfy. If you wear them straight over the top of your head, like you would with an Ultrasone, the headband can press down a little bit more.

Jun 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #65 of 212
Quote:
Have you ever had MDR-SA5000s? (Or tried them?). Just like with those, you tilt the headband back towards the rear of your head - instead of over the very top part of your head. It changes where the headband presses on your noggin. Looks a little dorky, but it makes them super comfy. If you wear them straight over the top of your head, like you would with an Ultrasone, the headband can press down a little bit more.

I don't like the partial seal of the AKG's that way though. I guess I could change the orientation of the pads. But still. Not very like what I want to do with them.

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #70 of 212
Quote:
I'm very sensitive to comfort and this could be an issue for me... i'll see if i can find somewhere i can try them out but it's very unlikely where i live.

Unless you plan on staying in that store for 3 hours +....it is highly unlikely you will feel the discomfort. You can put it on and imagine what the bumps will feel like in 3+ hours but you won't feel it really. You will be greeted with comfort when you put it on.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #72 of 212
Jun 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #75 of 212
Quote:
Such as...

I use a seat belt pad cut to fit the shape of the headband:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Custom-Accessories-Seat-Belt-Shoulder-Pad-Black/16795105
http://www.amazon.com/Allison-Corporation-54-1214-Memory-Comforter/dp/B001DKNW7O/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1339903505&sr=1-2&keywords=seatbelt+pad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back