AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
Sep 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #288 of 745
Fostex ist the better than sennheiser hd 800!why?better Bass,the Weight is not so Heavy,better Materials! fostex Makes more Fun!but the sennheiser hd 800 is technical better than the fostex!

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #289 of 745
So THIS is the THREAD FOR akg k812!we Should Debate the akg k812 Here!but with my englisch its not possible!sorry and Good NIGHT!

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #291 of 745
This has made my day at the DMV tolerable

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #295 of 745
I gotta say... not since Patrick82 have I ran into a poster here as enthusiastic... and entertaining as this Nomax guy... lol. 
k701smile.gif

At least his headphone obsession is healthier than Patrick's cable obsession!

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #297 of 745
Maybe he sold his cables, moved to Austria, bought all that fancy headphones and call himself Nomax to just make that great come back.

Quote:
  I gotta say... not since Patrick82 have I ran into a poster here as enthusiastic... and entertaining as this Nomax guy... lol. 
k701smile.gif

At least his headphone obsession is healthier than Patrick's cable obsession!

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #298 of 745
Nomax, I think we all appreciate your enthusiasm. 
smile.gif
  But if you don't calm down (especially with the unsolicited PMs), I'm going to have to calm you down.  And I'd rather not have to do that. 
cool.gif

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #299 of 745
Nomax, I think we all appreciate your enthusiasm.  :smile:   But if you don't calm down (especially with the unsolicited PMs), I'm going to have to calm you down.  And I'd rather not have to do that.  :cool:

+1

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #300 of 745
  A quick question:

If AKG keeps the design features of the AKG K712 Pro and makes it sound and measure like the LCD-3 would you all still like it?

So many complain about the rehashing of headphones from AKG and part of this I fully understand.  Take a look at Grado and some Sennheiser headphones and they often do the same thing.  I think we are all ready for something more esoteric, but it needs to sound good, be comfortable, and measure well.  The current physical form and fit of the AKG K712 Pro is excellent so in some ways I can see them not waning to drift away from that design.

If they did come up with a rehashed K70X that sounds on par with other flagships, I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. The original K701 design, other than those awful bumps, is wonderfully comfortable and light.

Problem is that AKG has already rehashed them three times before this latest iteration, the K712, and most likely b/c it increases sales every time they do so. Sure they might be making minor improvements with every release, but they're fooling no one - it's been 8 years since the release of the original K701. Don't tell me that in almost a decade all their R&D was spent on re-tuning the driver.

That said, I guess 8 years to develop a new flagship isn't too long compared to the competition (15 years for Sennheiser to go from the HD580 to HD800). And despite me disliking its plain design, I certainly do hope it sounds amazing, cos I'll get one (time to find a summer job).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back