AKG K812 Pro
Jan 13, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #646 of 4,825
  If there anyone who can loan me AKG K812 for say 14 days at least, I will Paypal you EUR 100 plus shipping both ways inside Europe. I preffer them to be shipped this week, if possible please.

THX

Is not more simple to collect here signatures for a EU loan program and to go directly to AKG? 

I'm willing to help! 
happy_face1.gif

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #647 of 4,825
  If there anyone who can loan me AKG K812 for say 14 days at least, I will Paypal you EUR 100 plus shipping both ways inside Europe. I preffer them to be shipped this week, if possible please.

THX

In Germany gives a dealer who loan a K812 - I had send you a PN

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #648 of 4,825
My k812 arrived yesterday, and so far i'm pretty much disapointed. First i was blown away, because its beautifully build and sounds beautiful. But then i started to compare it to my k400 & k501 and for me, these sounds better. More organic and alive. But the k601 & k7xx series don't stand a chance vs the k812. I also liked the T1 much more than the k812, soundstage is bigger and sounds overall better for me. And that comes from an AKG-Fanatic ;D we used a Lehmann Audio Linear USB and a Violectric HPA V200.

Also, i was surprised , because the k812 is definetly NOT easy to drive on portables. Me & a friend of mine, we tested it on an ipod video 5G, iphone4, samsung galaxy s3, sansa clip and some tablets. A T1 or any other Beyerdynamic is easier to drive on portables, much louder. K812 is hard to drive, similar to a k601/k701.

I have to listen for a week, to see if the sound improves or not, i'll tel you guys ;D

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #649 of 4,825
My k812 arrived yesterday, and so far i'm pretty much disapointed. First i was blown away, because its beautifully build and sounds beautiful. But then i started to compare it to my k400 & k501 and for me, these sounds better. More organic and alive. But the k601 & k7xx series don't stand a chance vs the k812. I also liked the T1 much more than the k812, soundstage is bigger and sounds overall better for me. And that comes from an AKG-Fanatic ;D we used a Lehmann Audio Linear USB and a Violectric HPA V200.

Also, i was surprised , because the k812 is definetly NOT easy to drive on portables. Me & a friend of mine, we tested it on an ipod video 5G, iphone4, samsung galaxy s3, sansa clip and some tablets. A T1 or any other Beyerdynamic is easier to drive on portables, much louder. K812 is hard to drive, similar to a k601/k701.

I have to listen for a week, to see if the sound improves or not, i'll tel you guys ;D

How is the treble of k812 compared to t1? is it brighter or less bright? I am currently interested in this cans and I want to know wtether if it's less bright than hd800/t1. :)

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #650 of 4,825
For me , its clearly brightter than T1's treble, but i have to admit, that i never had a problem with T1's treble. Its perfect for me, not harsh ir anything.

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #651 of 4,825

Interesting observation, in my experience with the K702 and T1on the Phonitor I've found both hps to be very similar sounding hps. I do prefer the K702 because is more balanced compare to the boost in the bass and treble of the T1. I've found Those differences audible with the Apogee DAC as well with Violectric v800, here is more info: http://www.head-fi.org/t/595522/akg-k702-vs-beyerdynamic-t1-in-the-studio

I hope the burn in will do only good.

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #652 of 4,825
For me its clearly brightter than T1's treble, but i have to admit, that i never had a problem with t1's treble. Its pwrfect for me, not harsh ir anything.

Yeah...a lot of people complain about "brightness" or "too much treble energy" with the T1s, but I have no idea what the heck they are talking about.  Maybe it is bright compared to the veiled HD650 or the LCD-2s, but then everything is bright compared to these two.  T1s out of a nice tube amp such as the Decware CSP2 is amazing.

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #653 of 4,825
Yeah...a lot of people complain about "brightness" or "too much treble energy" with the T1s, but I have no idea what the heck they are talking about.  Maybe it is bright compared to the veiled HD650 or the LCD-2s, but then everything is bright compared to these two.  T1s out of a nice tube amp such as the Decware CSP2 is amazing.

If T1 is not bright, why tube amps are better with it ?

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #654 of 4,825
Yeah, i don't wanna judge tooo fast now. I'll give the K812 a little bit of time to warm up, than compare again after some weeks. But if it stays like this, i'm really dissapointed. Build Quality is really nice, but i won't pay 1500€  for a K701-ultra edition with better build quality. What dissapoints me most is the soundstage & airyness, because my K400s & K501s are better in this area. Even the mids are better with these, the k812 can't beat them in this. The only thing the k812 is doing better so far is: better resolution and better details ~ and even in that its only nuaaaances, very marginal. Nothing for what i would pay 1400€ more than a K501 (100€). But hey, what can i say? K400 & 501 are truly amazing cans. I hoped, the K812 could beat them, but so far, only th K1000 made it this far.

But lets wait and see and drink some coffee ;D

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #655 of 4,825

Uhm in my experience bright cans make my ears hurt after listening to them for a long period of time. I mainly listen to songs that are recorded with treble boost so listening to them in T1 makes them overly bright :)

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #656 of 4,825

Uhm in my experience bright cans make my ears hurt after listening to them for a long period of time. I mainly listen to songs that are recorded with treble boost so listening to them in T1 makes them overly bright :)

Also in my experience long listening sessions with T1, T90 (extrem sharp highs), DT 880 or HD-800 makes my ears hurt, but for the first 1/2 hour they are ok. With K812 Pro and Stax isn´t this a problem i can hear both over many hours without any problem.

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #657 of 4,825

Also in my experience long listening sessions with T1, T90 (extrem sharp highs), DT 880 or HD-800 makes my ears hurt, but for the first 1/2 hour they are ok. With K812 Pro and Stax isn´t this a problem i can hear both over many hours without any problem.

hmm maybe akg k812 is bright but not sharp while t1 is sharp and bright? :)

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #659 of 4,825
All these impressions proving one thing only so far, that system behind is very important. Don’t get me wrong, not saying that one have better or worse, just need it match is may be not there, as one says they are great and another sharp and not that far from K701 away. I don’t take everything literally, o.k., but saying that K501 are better headphones, hmm, just make me wonder how  K812 actually are?

THX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back