AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Jan 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #736 of 3,395
Im so glad to hear that they are worth it to you. Spread the love, guys!

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #738 of 3,395
Quote:
Hum i peraphs found a finition problem on my ANV or i am exagerating . The right capsule grille protection (the things with the K702 stiker ) seams not very well fixed (the left one don't move at all , but the right one i don't know how to say that , but move slightly when i touch it or do brutal head banging  the left one nothing) . Didn't remember that on my gone K702 . 

it don't alterate the sound at all , but i am not verry happy to have a "anniversary edition " highest attention to detail " , that seams to have a little lack of finition .(or i am just looking for a reason to send it back
rolleyes.gif
) .

Maybe the grille is a bit open, you'll need to turn it clockwise to close it...I hope is nothing more!

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #739 of 3,395
Quote:

Maybe the grille is a bit open, you'll need to turn it clockwise to close it...I hope is nothing more!

hum a thing to cheack ^^ , peraphs it'is nothing to worry and i over reacted a bit
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #740 of 3,395
I'm trying to keep up with this thread, but someone here already A/B the Any to the original K-702? Will be preferred after a minimum of 120-150 burn in of the Any//, just to get a fair comparison to the K702.

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #741 of 3,395
Someone did A/B directly, and mentioned that the Annie is noticeably fuller even when swapping pads.

Of course, I'm betting that the reason some people don't hear a big enough difference is because they're not playing music that puts importance to bass, which is the biggest difference with the Annie vs the other K/Qs.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #743 of 3,395
Quote:
Someone did A/B directly, and mentioned that the Annie is noticeably fuller even when swapping pads.

Of course, I'm betting that the reason some people don't hear a big enough difference is because they're not playing music that puts importance to bass, which is the biggest difference with the Annie vs the other K/Qs.

Maybe is time to check again (to see if something change in his impression )...as well to check out if this person got over 120 hours of the burn in process.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #744 of 3,395
Well, I keep up with this thread to, but direct A/B between K702 and K702 Anniversary? Dont think so. Q701 were mentioned all over the place, also K701, I believe, but they are not the same sounding headphones, at least to me they all differ. I had 3 of them for 2 month and listened to them very close, so, Q are gone, K701 were back to my friend and K702 still with me.
I am with Acix, we need much closer comparison, but with enough burn in hours please.

THX

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #745 of 3,395
Well, I believe the K702 and Q701 are definitely gonna be more similar than either vs the Annie.

As far as me:

I owned the Q701 and old 7 bump K701, and they definitely sounded different from one another. The Q was a definite improvement over the old K701, and the Annie is a definite improvement over the Q701, mainly in the bass area, comfort, and drivability (assuming the pads keep sound from escaping vs old pads = more volume).

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #746 of 3,395
Quote:

Interesting the 702 logo looks straight on the horizon?

hum it's a bit better but if move my headphone for a while the grill start to move again : / and rattle, with time i don't want that it get worse and worse , and if i force it to much i am worried to break it , i can still return without justification soo ... The logo now is more horizontal , but seams that grille is a bit loose .

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #747 of 3,395
Alright, well the first guy didn't accept the bid but another seller did so I have a pair on the way. I'll need a DAC/Amp now. Could anyone provide any suggestions that would pair up well with these? I saw MLE has the Compass 2 but I don't think I want to jump in feet first with a $500 setup. $250-$300 would be preferable but I am open to suggestions. I'm pretty pumped about these. :D

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #748 of 3,395
Quote:
Alright, well the first guy didn't accept the bid but another seller did so I have a pair on the way. I'll need a DAC/Amp now. Could anyone provide any suggestions that would pair up well with these? I saw MLE has the Compass 2 but I don't think I want to jump in feet first with a $500 setup. $250-$300 would be preferable but I am open to suggestions. I'm pretty pumped about these. :D

I'm using the Schiit Magni/Modi right now with good results.  The combo sells for about $220 shipped.

On a side note, after about maybe 8 hours playtime.  My K702 65th suddenly just hit puberty.  The whole spectrum seemed to take a tilt right.  They even do Korn justice now.   Anything from Korn would have been practically unlistenable on my old K701.  

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #749 of 3,395

Audio-GD NFB 11.32 or NFB 15.32. Seriously. Lots of power and bang for buck. They just dont have analog inputs, so no using another DAC.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #750 of 3,395
Quote:
Audio-GD NFB 11.32 or NFB 15.32. Seriously. Lots of power and bang for buck. They just dont have analog inputs, so no using another DAC.

Great recommendations also, and the .32 Audio-GD gear has an excellent USB input as well.  Especially at that price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back