AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Jan 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #676 of 3,394
I think the K550 is a horrible sounding, lifeless headphone, personally. Though I only demoed them. I'm sure I'd like them a bit more at home, but I didn't like anything about them at all. A headphone isn't gonna transform at home.

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #677 of 3,394
Quote:

Seriously? There are definitely similarities between these cans but the ANV just do almost everything so much better. Even though K550s are one of the best closed headphones I've tested they are no match for annies in my opinion. I get great fit with both headphones which is always nice.

I have AKG K550s and they are imho excellent closed back headphones I certainly prefer my AKG K702s. My AKG K702s are a regular pair, not the anniversary edition.

For situations where I have to use a closed back headphone the K550s are extremely useful.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #678 of 3,394
Quote:
I should not have read through this thread, now I'm contemplating how to work up the funds for these cans. I'll be selling of my Q701s for them, so there's at least that chunk of change.

Get em while they're some left. Its back on amazon for 409. I bought from the seller, they shipped it free with Fedex 2day. Requires a signature though so I picked up it from a fedex location.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #680 of 3,394
Quote:
For situations where I have to use a closed back headphone the K550s are extremely useful.

Exactly. I get nice portable setup with my mp3 player -> E17 -> K550. The cable could be shorter or removable, but that's about my only complain about them. For 199 euros they are very nice closed headphones. I think they just need quite a lot of burning in.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #681 of 3,394
Quote:

Exactly. I get nice portable setup with my mp3 player -> E17 -> K550. The cable could be shorter or removable, but that's about my only complain about them. For 199 euros they are very nice closed headphones. I think they just need quite a lot of burning in.

Yes I agree that a detachable cable would have been very nice with the K550s. I would have made up a shorter one for them so that I don't have to keep rolling up the cable they have.

For use in the home the standard cable they have is good, but it is too long for portable use.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #682 of 3,394
Woo-hoo, got my Annies!  I have # 312.  Nothing of significance comes to mind with the number, but cool that it's low I guess.

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #683 of 3,394
Woo-hoo, got my Annies!  I have # 312.  Nothing of significance comes to mind with the number, but cool that it's low I guess.

Awesome. Wow...so low. O_O

I hope they satisfy you as much as they have me. Pleass post your impressions as soon as possible. :wink:

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #684 of 3,394
Quote:
Awesome. Wow...so low. O_O

I hope they satisfy you as much as they have me. Pleass post your impressions as soon as possible.
wink.gif

Will do.  I plan to sit down with them as soon as I can tonight!

Quick (slightly paranoid) question to anyone regarding the phones placement in the box on first opening it:  
I moved all the paperwork away and noticed the right cup wasn't really sitting in it's cardboard groove very well, and the bottom ridge of the left cup was sitting snug inside the recess of the right cup where your ear is supposed to go.  I realize I'm likely worrying over nothing, but should I be concerned about the cup having been resting against the driver like that?  I was kinda surprised there wasn't any real divider in the packaging placed between each cup to prevent that from happening.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #687 of 3,394
Finally got mine today after 2 weeks of waiting (it was backordered).  #0858 here.  Have yet to plug it in.  

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #689 of 3,394
Quote:
B&H for you to?

I ordered mine from Proaudiostar.  I'll try to post some impressions later sometime when I can gather my thoughts.  Without going into too much detail right now, I'll just say I like them...a lot.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #690 of 3,394
Quote:
I ordered mine from Proaudiostar.  I'll try to post some impressions later sometime when I can gather my thoughts.  Without going into too much detail right now, I'll just say I like them...a lot.

I think that's where I got mine. Yeah - AKG really hit it out of the park for the annies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back