AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
Sep 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #18 of 3,395
I wonder why they chose to make the "702" the anniversary model and not the 800.  To me, it would have made more sense to bust out with a limited edition 800. 

What would have been uber cool and, quite possibly, awesome: 

Limited Edition AKG K1000

God, that even looks good in written form. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #19 of 3,395
I can't wait for the thread saying that these have way more bottom end and warmth than the K/Q7 series and are like completely different headphones. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Please don't scare me like that. :basshead:

Am I the only person who never found the old headband to be uncomfortable? I imagine a pad redesign is worth something though!

I found the K701 headband rather comfortable too. Better than a lot of other headphones at least. :xf_eek:

I wonder why they chose to make the "702" the anniversary model and not the 800.  To me, it would have made more sense to bust out with a limited edition 800. 

What would have been uber cool and, quite possibly, awesome: 

Limited Edition AKG K1000

God, that even looks good in written form.  :D

There's an AKG K800? :confused_face_2:

And last I read, this was a few years ago mind you, the K1000 cannot re-enter production because the die/molds for producing certain parts are either lost or damaged beyond repair, so it's beyond just re-tooling an assembly line to put that back into production. I don't see it as something they'd be willing to invest in.

Regarding the anniversary K702 in general: how much are these going to cost in 'merica? For some reason I'm seeing $1000 or thereabouts, which is just...sickening. I think the K701 were good, but come on, it's been six years, do something new!

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #21 of 3,395
Quote:
rolleyes.gif
Please don't scare me like that.
basshead.gif

I found the K701 headband rather comfortable too. Better than a lot of other headphones at least.
redface.gif

There's an AKG K800?
confused_face_2.gif

And last I read, this was a few years ago mind you, the K1000 cannot re-enter production because the die/molds for producing certain parts are either lost or damaged beyond repair, so it's beyond just re-tooling an assembly line to put that back into production. I don't see it as something they'd be willing to invest in.
Regarding the anniversary K702 in general: how much are these going to cost in 'merica? For some reason I'm seeing $1000 or thereabouts, which is just...sickening. I think the K701 were good, but come on, it's been six years, do something new!

Really, I didn't realize that was the case. That's quite unfortunate.

God forbid AKG (or Harman rather) design and produce a new headphone rather than just releasing a painted version of their current models. I'd love to see the K1000 (or some sort of successor) back on the market. But since the whole design doesn't gel well with Harman's consumer target, it'll probably never happen.

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #22 of 3,395
Really, I didn't realize that was the case. That's quite unfortunate.

God forbid AKG (or Harman rather) design and produce a new headphone rather than just releasing a painted version of their current models. I'd love to see the K1000 (or some sort of successor) back on the market. But since the whole design doesn't gel well with Harman's consumer target, it'll probably never happen.

I did just hear (but it may be inaccurate) that the 70x series is apparently going away after this comes out - apparently this is a "send off" release (sure, I'll believe it when I see it). I'm guessing it's probably the end of any attempt at hi-fi on AKG's part, but I certainly would welcome a new contender for high-end from them - they certainly have the engineering know-how and the manufacturing talent to put something very special together. But as you said - it doesn't "gel" with Harman. :frowning2:

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #23 of 3,395
These would look so much better without the blue ring. A gold ring the same size would be nice and very AKG-ish. 

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #24 of 3,395
No more bumps! Looks sexy with the blue ring imo.

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #25 of 3,395
Dont see avaliable anywhere yet , well just received my second K702 , and with auditor it's just wow ... i am not missing my gone T1 at all ,  still have a look on this K702 anniversary if they have improved something or not .

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #26 of 3,395
I sent an e-mail to Dutch Harman customer service, asking where I can demo them locally, but their answer was more than I "could wish".  All they wrote, check the shops from our dealer list and see from there, but they did thank me for interest in their product. O.k., so, I went on their web and searched for shops and what a "surprise", cos all kind of shops showed up, except the one you can demo them. Their dealership care failed many years ago and the last model been sold at local high fi shops were K501. After that, they sell at every local mobile provider shops possible and become just another Dr.Dre, more even, I know for sure Dr. Dre have better availability for their lines that AKG can only dream of it, oh sorry guys, HARMAN:frowning2:
I was out for lunch and take a walk to an electronica shop in that area and what do you think, all possible Monster were there, B&W were there, Bose were there, but where were AKG? I DON KNOW, big mistery for me.

The most frustrating thing is, I asked them about their flagship model, Anniversary limited edition one and they tell me check out the foto shops, are they that stupid?!

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #30 of 3,395
Like I wrote, from what I experienced with Harman Netherlands is nothing but sorrow. I am going to try to visit one of the mega electronica stores up here in Rotterdam soon and see what they have to say. I know they sell AKG, many of their products, but they dont offer demo for every hp's out there, however I have not visit them for a while, so, maybe I will be more lucky this time.

I just sent another e-mail to Harman, lets see what they have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back