AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Jan 27, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #767 of 1,152
I may have missed this earlier in the thread, but has anyone compared the Tiesto line to the K181?  Looking at pricing of the K181 at $130, I am wondering what the Tiesto brings to the table sonically that the K167 or K267 doesn't.  I actually think I prefer the looks of the K181.

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #768 of 1,152
Jan 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #769 of 1,152
i go tomorrow change my k-267 to pioneer HDJ2000. K-267 headband just killing me !!! 

sounded like a 5th grader singing in my ears. Thats what i hate too!

i wanted to buy m100 but its so hard to get here finland because customs..... 

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #770 of 1,152
Quote:
It didnt sound horrible. Just too clean. I want something dirty sexy and deep. The 167 sounded like a 5th grader singing in my ears.

Do you recommend the K550 or the K551?

Do you think they are better than the Tiesto line HP?

Which one sounds better between K550, K551, Momentum and M100?

Are the K551 more portable than K550 and do they have a good clamping force compared to K550?

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #773 of 1,152
on my pairs there was a slight difference running the same source/amp.  I found the K550 to have better decay.  The Hi-Fi magic that I love about the k550 at under $300 was not in the K551.  If these are the same aside from the cable, then it may be the manufacturing or drivers matching or something else that makes my K550 better.

Jan 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #774 of 1,152
It didnt sound horrible. Just too clean. I want something dirty sexy and deep. The 167 sounded like a 5th grader singing in my ears.

I don't follow. Not because I really like mine, but I don't understand the "too clean" and "5th grader singing"

I don't put those 2 together normally.

My only complaint with the 167, for me, is the highs border being too high. They just make it under where I wouldn't want them to be to be too high.

I love their bass. Its tight and punchy and with my e11, I don't miss what I thought I was upon my initial listens with the 167. The detail is fantastic. There isn't anything there that you miss in the recording.

Jan 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #775 of 1,152
Quote:
People shouldn't be so quick to judge based on a handful of reviews.  Who knows what other headphones the people that have the K267's own.  It's very possible that many of you might miss out on something that actually is a good headphone.  

As for a quick comparison with the M100, the K267's lack the thickness of the M100's.  Mainly in the mid-bass region.  The biggest difference between the two is bass.  The M100's reach just as deep as the K267's but packs a bigger punch and it leaks into the mid-bass region where the K267's don't.  Treble isn't far off from each other but the K267's sound cleaner and airier to me.  Midrange is also not far off from each other but the K267's are slightly more forward and is thinner sounding.  Females vocals render better with the K267's but the M100's adds more to male vocals.  Stage wise, both are really good but the M100's are more of 3D and K267's are wider.  For me, both are keepers in the sound department so far.  

I like this guy. He is so optimistic. I am trusting you on this one. Maybe they really aren't so bad as people are putting them.

Jan 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #777 of 1,152
Quote:
I like this guy. He is so optimistic. I am trusting you on this one. Maybe they really aren't so bad as people are putting them.

I'll report my honest findings as they burn in some more.  
Quote:

They really are not. I love them, and I'm really picky about my equipment.

I am not as picky so it's good to know this coming from you.  I really do like them so far.  

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #779 of 1,152
The main reason I think ill pass on the 267 is the fact I already have the 167. The m100 will give me something different. From the sounds of it, the 267 sounds similar to the 167 but with some bass bost adjustments.

I do love my 167 though. And for me, they are portable. I just did inventory with them on the entire weekend.

Jan 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #780 of 1,152
Well, my K267's have seen roughly about 100hrs of burn-in now at least, including a nice bass workout last night blasting non-stop DJ Billy E (if you haven't heard his stuff through a bassy headphone, do so now -- total brain massage 
basshead.gif
). And... not much more change from the last time I checked. The bass is clearer and a lot more controlled than it was originally, but everything else is still pretty much the same from the ~40hr burn-in mark.

These are pretty good headphones, and if I haven't put on any other headphones first thing in the morning, I do genuinely like them for a while. Like I said, they kinda remind me of my HD600's (which I love). Unfortunately the bass extension and imaging are still deal-breakers for me. Let's also not forget that I got these for $350 (that's more than I paid for my HD600's!). I know there's a lot of people defending them, and maybe they got them for a better price, or they're just going off on the sound of the K167's because they supposedly sound so similar, but I think the pricing here is a major factor of why they seem to be 'meh'. If the K167's really sound that close to the K267's, considering that they are less than half the price of the K267, then that is a legitimately good deal on a great pair of headphones!  Otherwise, let's not dismiss the fact that the K267's are still generally priced higher than a lot of their competition here (namely, the controversial M100's).

Anyways, I'm about to pull the trigger on some M100's. So I could have a comparison between them and all my other cans (including the K267) later this week if anybody's still interested (given that my comments seem to be getting ignored for being too critical 
rolleyes.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back