AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Jan 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #736 of 1,152
Quote:
I can get those, but what I mean is I couldn't audition them before paying up. Guess I'll try the Sony MDR-1Rs

Possibly read about those first if you can't audition.  The bass is completely different from most cans and the midrange is very forward.  I do like them myself but I can see why it would turn off some people.  

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #737 of 1,152
Does anybody feel same  K-267 headband hurts after 10-30min?  it looks it have very thick padding but it piss in your eye 
mad.gif
 i have tested them now allmost week. 2 bad things i found that headband and it just need more bass punch

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #739 of 1,152
Quote:
Does anybody feel same  K-267 headband hurts after 10-30min?  it looks it have very thick padding but it piss in your eye 
mad.gif
 i have tested them now allmost week. 2 bad things i found that headband and it just need more bass punch

Quote:
Yes, I find it hurting after a while. So far, I have found nothing to alleviate the issue.

I think it lacks bass extension rather than bass punch, but to each their own.

Dealbreakers for me.

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #743 of 1,152
I have a relatively small head for a guy (55cm, around 21 and a half inches), so I don't think its gonna be a problem for me. I'd probably be testing the ATH-M50 and MDR-1R to see which fits my taste now. The K267 seems to be having some problems despite the delays. I would've got the K550s if it wasn't for the seal issues.

Jan 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #744 of 1,152
People shouldn't be so quick to judge based on a handful of reviews.  Who knows what other headphones the people that have the K267's own.  It's very possible that many of you might miss out on something that actually is a good headphone.  

As for a quick comparison with the M100, the K267's lack the thickness of the M100's.  Mainly in the mid-bass region.  The biggest difference between the two is bass.  The M100's reach just as deep as the K267's but packs a bigger punch and it leaks into the mid-bass region where the K267's don't.  Treble isn't far off from each other but the K267's sound cleaner and airier to me.  Midrange is also not far off from each other but the K267's are slightly more forward and is thinner sounding.  Females vocals render better with the K267's but the M100's adds more to male vocals.  Stage wise, both are really good but the M100's are more of 3D and K267's are wider.  For me, both are keepers in the sound department so far.  

Jan 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #746 of 1,152
People shouldn't be so quick to judge based on a handful of reviews.  Who knows what other headphones the people that have the K267's own.  It's very possible that many of you might miss out on something that actually is a good headphone.  

As for a quick comparison with the M100, the K267's lack the thickness of the M100's.  Mainly in the mid-bass region.  The biggest difference between the two is bass.  The M100's reach just as deep as the K267's but packs a bigger punch and it leaks into the mid-bass region where the K267's don't.  Treble isn't far off from each other but the K267's sound cleaner and airier to me.  Midrange is also not far off from each other but the K267's are slightly more forward and is thinner sounding.  Females vocals render better with the K267's but the M100's adds more to male vocals.  Stage wise, both are really good but the M100's are more of 3D and K267's are wider.  For me, both are keepers in the sound department so far.  

This guy. To sum it up in short, I'd say that the K*67 is more suited for studio applications (I find it to be fairly neutral) while I would probably prefer the M-100 (from what I recall) for pleasure listening.

Jan 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #747 of 1,152
Quote:
are the tiesto logos glued on to the k267? will the fall off easily?

It does look glued and also very cheap looking also.  
Quote:

This guy. To sum it up in short, I'd say that the K*67 is more suited for studio applications (I find it to be fairly neutral) while I would probably prefer the M-100 (from what I recall) for pleasure listening.

Sounds like a pretty good sum up.  I'd think the M100's would do much better out in public in regards to sound and form.  

Jan 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #748 of 1,152
I can't believe the logo is glued on. My K167 aren't glued. In fact they are a plastic pinned on. Kinda hard to get off, actually.

Jan 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #749 of 1,152
I can't believe the logo is glued on. My K167 aren't glued. In fact they are a plastic pinned on. Kinda hard to get off, actually.

Yes, glued.. This is how they were out of box and why ill be returning them. Sounded ok as burn time went up but can't justify the quality.

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #750 of 1,152
Seems like the K267 isn't much of an upgrade over the K167. From what I've read I'm really glad I cancelled the order and got the K167 instead. I saved at least a hundred bucks and got an arguably better headphone for my purposes.

I mean... seriously? Who puts any headphone, much less a portable headphone, together with GLUE
triportsad.gif

For a headphone that costs $350 retail, this is inexcusable and AKG (or rather, their evil overlords Harman) should be ashamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back