A Pair of HP-1000's just went for $45.00 on Ebay!
Oct 24, 2006 at 8:39 AM Post #106 of 283
My vote for thread of the week...
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 8:47 AM Post #107 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
so why do you hang around here then?
rolleyes.gif

For the same reason that I would visit California but never live there again. I enjoy visting here to talk about headphones, but I'm not going to perpetuate the headphone stock trader mentality by buying some retard's HP-2 in the FS forum for double it's original value.

Oct 24, 2006 at 8:53 AM Post #108 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyre
For the same reason that I would visit California but never live there again. I enjoy visting here to talk about headphones, but I'm not going to perpetuate the headphone stock trader mentality by buying some retard's HP-2 in the FS forum for double it's original value.

Try triple.

Oct 24, 2006 at 8:55 AM Post #109 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ
It was a totally bad decision on both parties parts [the other one being Jeff.h, not the buyer]. The seller, didn't he have like 380 something sales? This is totally going to screw up his status as a powerseller. Is it really worth the $2,000 or so over that, when your annual supplemental or entire income is based on your eBay sales? This one negative feedback will be a really strong one, and when people read it, they will be very hesitant about doing business with the seller. I bet he's reading this thread as I am typing this post.

One thing for sure...That seller ain't gettin' any business from me, nor other head-fi'ers I guess

Oct 24, 2006 at 9:21 AM Post #112 of 283
This is, for sure, "The Neverending Thread".

...like its predessor movie, but this one is really never going to end I think.
At least they ended that series after 3 movies. The only good one was the first one. The other 2 were works of cinematic garbage.

And for sure this is the fastest growing thread, post by post, I've ever seen on this site.

Oct 24, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #115 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by duderuud
Jeff should buy them and sell them to the original winner for $45

Quoted for truth. Jeff since you caused this almighty screw up with your thoughtless, jackass behaviour, are you going to at least respond to this thread? If the original buyer was a member of this forum, then an apology here would be in order. If the original buyer is not a member of this forum, he is still due an apology by whatever means is available.

Oh, and yeah you should buy them at $2500 since you told the seller you would (and THEN sell them to original buyer for $45).

Oct 24, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #116 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Man, this is just ******** up, the original buyer had one hell of a deal. Now Jeff.h had to go and screw it up by saying something to the seller he thought was funny. It's not so funny now .
mad.gif

i dont think he tried to be "funny"....its more like jealousy that he missed out. there are small ppl out there who just cant deal with the fact that some one else have it better/lucky. i'm pretty sure thats the mentality he had when he messaged the seller.

Oct 24, 2006 at 9:45 AM Post #117 of 283
The original winning bidder wasn't simply about to get a good deal on some headphones, he was knowingly taking advantage of the seller by an extremely large margin. Although the seller probably wasn't losing money and could have done more research, and making that bid wasn't actively lying, there is no injustice in revealing to the seller the whole truth: that he has undervalued his item by 50 times. Bidder lost his bargain, seller gained one he didn't know he had.

I'll also add that value-- be it of headphones, real estate, or anyting-- can be described as inflated if you only consider its functional worth. Factor in supply and demand, and inflation becomes insignificant. More people want it than can have it even if it were free, and every item that is available will still find an equally deserving owner.

Oct 24, 2006 at 9:50 AM Post #118 of 283
Aside from the fact that he said he would have paid $2500 (way above market value) and now he has the opportunity he won't? Hardly seems fair on the seller either, raising expectations like that.

EDITED to clarify.

Oct 24, 2006 at 10:00 AM Post #120 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogewo
The original winning bidder wasn't simply about to get a good deal on some headphones, he was knowingly taking advantage of the seller by an extremely large margin. Although the seller probably wasn't losing money and could have done more research, and making that bid wasn't actively lying, there is no injustice in revealing to the seller the whole truth: that he has undervalued his item by 50 times. Bidder lost his bargain, seller gained one he didn't know he had.

I'll also add that value-- be it of headphones, real estate, or anyting-- can be described as inflated if you only consider its functional worth. Factor in supply and demand, and inflation becomes insignificant. More people want it than can have it even if it were free, and every item that is available will still find an equally deserving owner.

The bidder was taking advantage of the seller?
confused.gif

Do you know how auctions work? And since when do sellers have to know the whole truth before they sell an item?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back